General Store Vs Niche Store : What is a better than?

kingpin

Don't depend on niche stores when you first time starting a dropshiping business

Just saying my experience and how i did

I started with a general store and put all the cool products on it related to different niches and the products that worked good made me confident to create another store with that product and niche in mind.

This is how now I'm having 20+ stores

kingpin

All Aliexpress/Dropship stores?

Yes aliexpress products are on all the stores

I do A/B testing also

Run a same niche with same products on two different stores. And create a competitive environment for my target audience and help them take a decision from which store to buy.

These days I'm focusing only on user acquisition. I'm even giving away free goodies. Targeting 100k customers by the end of this year

:)

Direct Webstore

general store ... wouldnt it be funny if they were all non related?

Like eBay, Amazon and Aliexpress? ... e.g Baby gear, Power Tools, Stamp Collections, Fish Tanks etc. What's so funny? Just about all categories in a typical general store are non related.

Unless you make a "general store" based on a very wide niche, like "sports" ... then have categories like Football, Hockey, Swimming, Basketball etc

or SciFi .... Star Wars, Star Trek, Sliders, Dr Who etc

Maybe you mean a "General Niche Store"? ... not just a normal "General Store???

All I know is ... the narrower, the better. (as far as targeting demographics with advertising goes).

Tina

Like eBay, Amazon and Aliexpress? ... e.g Baby gear, Power Tools, Stamp Collections, Fish Tanks etc. What's so funny? Just about all categories in a typical general store are non related.

Hmmm interesting. Would u think it makes more sales having a big general store? Its hard because u would put just about everything????

Direct Webstore

Would u think it makes more sales having a big general store?

A big NO. You'd have less sales. You can't compete with the existing big general stores (eBay, Amazon).

I have a general store ... but it's not for making money ... it's for testing niches. e.g ... if the "Construction Kit" category does really well ... I'll make a "Construction Kit" niche site.

Imaltha

Don't depend on niche stores when you first time starting a dropshiping business

I started with a general store and put all the cool products on it related to different niches and the products that worked good made me confident to create another store with that product and niche in mind.

if it's a general niche store, what did you do for facebook marketing..? i,ve just made a general nich webstore..i confuse which gorups i should join in and share items in my webstore. please advice. thanks :)

Fishy

I need to learn a LOT from you, Sir!
I have 3 stores with less than 5 sales these last 3 months and I'm getting anxious. How do you manage to get 20+ stores? Are they all alidropship store? So you bought 20+ alidropship plugins?

kingpin

I need to learn a LOT from you, Sir!
I have 3 stores with less than 5 sales these last 3 months and I'm getting anxious. How do you manage to get 20+ stores? Are they all alidropship store? So you bought 20+ alidropship plugins?

Hi mate
How are you promoting your store? PM Me your store url and i will check ir and let you know.

I got a team to manage all the stores we have. Yes all are alidropship woocommerce version powered stores