GDPR Compliance

The new rules on GDPR are coming into force next month. This new rule applies to anyone running a business online, no matter where you are based!
The fines of non-compliance are up to 10000 Euros for each failure and immediate closure and shut-down of the non-compliant sites!

While this seems harsh, think along the lines of your customers... If your site is non-compliant they may use a seller who is!

The legislation homepage is found at https://www.eugdpr.org/

Now to the questions:

1. How will the plugin adopt to cover for those new rules in their templates, ie. the Privacy Page and Terms and Conditions Page?
2. Will Alidropship plugin release a cookies notice pop-up or are we to use the free WP ones?

These are just my comments and this post is open to comment from everyone. But please don't ask me about the specific rules and requirements which are found in the website link above. I am not an expert but someone who wants to make sure that we are not getting caught out with fines and shut-downs of our site(s).

Robbie Harley

This is a very good point - GDPR is a very close and will be here to stay.

Let's hope we get a response from Alidropship, at least letting us know its on their radar etc.

mlmwarehous

Dropshipping with Aliexpress in the EU might as well be dead after May 25th. According to the GDPR you'll have to offer your clients full transparency about what,not only you, as a webshop owner, do with theire personal information but also all third parties e.g. Aliexpres who will also get the same information; That means you have to reveal you are using Aliexpress. Now, some of your customers will already suspect you are selling from Aliexpress but with GDPR compliance into place they and also all other clients will know for sure. So in many cases they will go directly to there and by the products themself. Gone is your business. All webshops based outside the EU may prevent all EU visitors from buying and then don't need to comply for the GDPR. Unfortunatly my webshop is based in the Netherlands and I'm selling only to EU customers. So, now I don't know what to do, quiting or change the language of the shop into English and start selling to people only outside the EU.

ZAPPY

mlmwarehous said:
... means you have to reveal you are using Aliexpress. Now, some of your customers will already suspect you are selling from Aliexpress but with GDPR compliance into place they and also all other clients will know for sure. So in many cases they will go directly to there and by the products themself.

Let's see if your prediction is correct and the Sky Is Falling indeed for ALL yes ALL ecommerce businesses or stores once the GDPR strict rules are introduced

mlmwarehous said:
...Gone is your business. .
Are you saying that ALL ecommerce store owners are finished (including the likes of Amazon, Shopify, eBay) and so is advisable to shut down after 25 May 2018?

ZAPPY

germanguyuk said:
Now to the questions:
1. How will the plugin adopt to cover for those new rules in their templates, ie. the Privacy Page and Terms and Conditions Page?

2. Will Alidropship plugin release a cookies notice pop-up or are we to use the free WP ones?

These are just my comments and this post is open to comment from everyone.

Think the best answers will come from the AliDropship team and they are very silent so far on this forum.

Perhaps they're in the batcave getting ready for the BIG announcement of their answer to the overdue GDPR shake up ;)

mlmwarehous

For all users of the alidropship woo plugin there are a handfull plugins to be used already and more will come. In a nutshell to comply with the GDPR your site has to give complete clarity to your visitors about why and what for you need personal information and what you do with it. So, if you give the information to aliexpress then you need to tell them and why you do this. You'll need to add some checkboxes to your site so the customer can agree with that. Also you need to give your customers the possibility to see what personal information you have from them and they need to be able to remove themselves from your database. On the other hand, also Aliexpress need to change because they deal with many, many eu citizens . That means when you add a new customer with the auto order process some checkboxes need to be clicked on. This could make the ordering process more complex. Only alidropship users from outside the eu and won't deal with eu customers don't have to do anything and can keep doing business as usual. So, now let's see and wait how important eu users are for Aliedropship.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

For all users of the alidropship woo plugin there are a handfull plugins to be used already and more will come. In a nutshell to comply with the GDPR your site has to give complete clarity to your visitors about why and what for you need personal information and what you do with it. So, if you give the information to aliexpress then you need to tell them and why you do this. You'll need to add some checkboxes to your site so the customer can agree with that. Also you need to give your customers the possibility to see what personal information you have from them and they need to be able to remove themselves from your database. On the other hand, also Aliexpress need to change because they deal with many, many eu citizens . That means when you add a new customer with the auto order process some checkboxes need to be clicked on. This could make the ordering process more complex. Only alidropship users from outside the eu and won't deal with eu customers don't have to do anything and can keep doing business as usual. So, now let's see and wait how important eu users are for Aliedropship.
We're going to introduce a comprehensive guide to GDPR shortly.

SubVigil

Dropshipping with Aliexpress in the EU might as well be dead after May 25th. According to the GDPR you'll have to offer your clients full transparency about what,not only you, as a webshop owner, do with theire personal information but also all third parties e.g. Aliexpres who will also get the same information; That means you have to reveal you are using Aliexpress. Now, some of your customers will already suspect you are selling from Aliexpress but with GDPR compliance into place they and also all other clients will know for sure. So in many cases they will go directly to there and by the products themself. Gone is your business. All webshops based outside the EU may prevent all EU visitors from buying and then don't need to comply for the GDPR. Unfortunatly my webshop is based in the Netherlands and I'm selling only to EU customers. So, now I don't know what to do, quiting or change the language of the shop into English and start selling to people only outside the EU.

If I'm not mistaking you have to give full transparancy but my customer doesn't need to know the product is getting shipped from ali. The only thing my customer has to know is that his information is being forwarded to the supplier to complete the order. And that we do not hold any stock.

How many online shops in the Netherlands do you think that use dropshipping ? I do mean ALOT. Not all from ali, but alot from other warehouses.

I think we are good, no stress.

faruka

WooCommerce hasn't introduced their toolkit about GDPR and all major services has only recommendations what needs to be done. You can find some 3rd parties plugin here to prepare your site to GDPR requirements: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/gdpr/
Hi Victoria, most of the WP Plugins for GDPR are useless. I don't think your AliDropShip team have been forthcoming in term of advising and how to implement this new EU Privacy Policy called GDPR in the AliDropShip store. So do you have a updated Privacy Policy which includes GDPR for existing Alidropship stores or for your new stores . From 25 May, drop-shippers in the EU will have to be compliant, if not, you your look at a hefty penalty.

Helena

Since based on the GDPR we have to inform the customer who deals with his personal data ie platform , server etc.

1. It means that we have to refer exactly with whom we are working with , as a result our privacy policy has to mention aliexpress or alibaba etc ...So where this puts us

Is this wrong or right cause it came up as a conclusion based on what is been written so far for this subject.

2. Plus that we are responsible for the whole chain of personal data ''trip'' ie aliexpress platform , courier platform, and god know who else maybe also the aliens on Mars. Wrong or right ?

''In the Privacy terms it is transparency and a requirement, the customer has a right to know where their information is going. This means that you need to provide details of the Platform, Payment Provider, Email Marketing, any installed App, Oberlo, Ali and any supplier you use within Ali. If you can’t provide this information then you’ve lost control of your data.''

faruka

Just to let the member be aware about this GDPR Compliant, drop-shipper outside the EU are not exempt from this new Privacy policy.

Helena

Just to let the member be aware about this GDPR Compliant, drop-shipper outside the EU are not exempt from this new Privacy policy.

Yes I presume it is known that if European countries are not included as target group for selling of course compliance with the relevant law is not included, but it is a big market and i dont think that anyone who wants to do business will overlook.