GA ENHANCED ECOMMERCE

Ataya961

Hi @Victoria Kudryashova is there a way to get our previous sales and conversion data into google analytics using this add-on?
It will be great if there is a way to import out previous sales data rather than only tracking new sales.

mglazebroo

Is there a version of this plugin for PHP 7.3 yet? I am upgrading and get an error for this plugin and the promo banner plugin

bhanjar

Hi @Victoria Kudryashova

I'm currently setting up the GA enhanced ecommerce in google analytics. according to https://help.alidropship.com/articles/2464605-ga-enhanced-ecommerce . In the step to create funnel, the information is not the same as in current setting in GA. It just required the label name. What the purpose of this label name exactly?

And also do i have to enable the "Include shipping cost in product price" in the main setting of GA Enhanced Ecommerce plugin if all products shipping cost are free?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tylor

Hi,

where I can find the PHP 7.3 version? Please check the WP Admin notification below...

1563384352826.png

Thanks and have a good day,

bacil

Hi, there seems to be an irritating issue with the plugin, it causes to duplicate the GA code in the header of the website if/when you are using the Customize->Header location as well. The problem is that it causes your bounce rate statistic to be unusually low (under 1% ;-) - as it fires twice on every occasion) obviously removing the script from Customize location solved the issue, but then there is no tracking code on product pages (this is with alids original plugin, not sure if its the same with woo). But if it's not there it cant supply the event information to the GA and hence the eCommerce data get skewed. Can someone advise ? or even better have this integrated together?

Reactions: Blz

Blz

Hi, there seems to be an irritating issue with the plugin, it causes to duplicate the GA code in the header of the website if/when you are using the Customize->Header location as well. The problem is that it causes your bounce rate statistic to be unusually low (under 1% ;-) - as it fires twice on every occasion) obviously removing the script from Customize location solved the issue, but then there is no tracking code on product pages (this is with alids original plugin, not sure if its the same with woo). But if it's not there it cant supply the event information to the GA and hence the eCommerce data get skewed. Can someone advise ? or even better have this integrated together?

I can confirm this issue, same here, and yea, unfortunately, the eCommerce data are not accurate

bacil

The best solution i found is to disable GA and add this to header :

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics --> <script> if(window.ga && window.ga.toString().indexOf('(a)') === -1){ delete window.ga; }</script> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=<HERE GOES YOUR GA ID>"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function ads_ec_gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} ads_ec_gtag('js', new Date()); ads_ec_gtag('set', {'currency': 'USD'}); ads_ec_gtag('config', '<HERE GOES YOUR GA ID>', {}); </script>

Blz

The best solution i found is to disable GA and add this to header :

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics --> <script> if(window.ga && window.ga.toString().indexOf('(a)') === -1){ delete window.ga; }</script> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=<HERE GOES YOUR GA ID>"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function ads_ec_gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} ads_ec_gtag('js', new Date()); ads_ec_gtag('set', {'currency': 'USD'}); ads_ec_gtag('config', '<HERE GOES YOUR GA ID>', {}); </script>

Yea I've tried to add the ec_gtag too, but using this is somehow weird too in my case because bounce rates etc are now accurate, but the events are then fckd ( content view, content select, add to cart etc) :/

bacil

Yea I've tried to add the ec_gtag too, but using this is somehow weird too in my case because bounce rates etc are now accurate, but the events are then fckd ( content view, content select, add to cart etc) :/

OK I will see after today's/tomorrow's stats what is going on, i enabled fb event tracking and jetpack so i will have something to compare

bacil

Hello! Could you, please, clarify the issue you have with the GA Enhanced add-on?

Hi,

it is simple when you enable add on it duplicates the Tracking code in the head of the site. If/when you already using the analytics code added in Customize->Head.

The workaround of removing the addon while adding above mentioned code to the head solves the issue of duplicity, but then events are not working correctly (just confirmed it today).

Problem is that if you leave ad-on active and remove the code from Customize->Head it does not correctly put code to the product pages and hence there is no tracking (confirmed by google tag assistant plugin).

bacil

Ok, I can confirm that with GA add-on tracking only (no Customize->Header code) there is no correct event tracking, conversions are ignored etc. (just had a purchase going through a full cycle and GA didn't record it).