Free shipping

Memento

Hi,

I have a dilemma regarding some small items - I can not incorporate shipping cost for ePacket in the price of the item. If I offer free shipping it will have to be China post which don't offer tracking info and estimated delivery time is up to 50 days. Is it OK to write shipping policies and tell that some packages will not have tracking info or to make free shipping only for purchases over some amount...

Thanks

Direct Webstore

The general advice from Alidropship staff who run their own stores is to use free shipping for all products. You don't have to add on any shipping price anywhere.

When you select products, just choose ones with epacket and free shipping, along with the other screening factors ... reviews, sales etc.

Don't complicate things. Keep it simple and read all the docs at www.help.alidropship.com and also the blogs. There is a lot of advice.

Also try typing "shipping" into search above ... you may find lots of interesting info.

;)

daudi250

Most probably not related. But recently a supplier said to use another shipping method other than ePacket. Which is very strange. I ordered the same product for my self and it came fine. When i placed a customer order, the supplier mentioned that they are afraid, the parcel might get lost in transit and I need to pay $3 USD for shipping. They end up shipping via Malaysia Post.

Which is totally weird.

How would they know that the parcel will get lost in transit? Are they playing games with me :p

Direct Webstore

If I had a seller telling me stupid things like that ... I'd change to another seller who has the same product. Which is easy to do.

;)

Mar

Most probably not related. But recently a supplier said to use another shipping method other than ePacket. Which is very strange. I ordered the same product for my self and it came fine. When i placed a customer order, the supplier mentioned that they are afraid, the parcel might get lost in transit and I need to pay $3 USD for shipping. They end up shipping via Malaysia Post.

Which is totally weird.

How would they know that the parcel will get lost in transit? Are they playing games with me :p
I am wondering about it. When you place an order in the normal process with AliExpress, you are not talking with the seller. You can get in touch with the seller but the order has been placed, how come?

Mar

Hi,

I have a dilemma regarding some small items - I can not incorporate shipping cost for ePacket in the price of the item. If I offer free shipping it will have to be China post which don't offer tracking info and estimated delivery time is up to 50 days. Is it OK to write shipping policies and tell that some packages will not have tracking info or to make free shipping only for purchases over some amount...

Thanks
There is no option to incorporate shipping cost to the price of product. Concentrate on how to make sales, don't worry about nothing.

daudi250

I am wondering about it. When you place an order in the normal process with AliExpress, you are not talking with the seller. You can get in touch with the seller but the order has been placed, how come?

When i get an order, I place order automatically using the plugin on AliExpress. I have a particular note stating that I work as a dropshipper, please don't add in any promotional material or so.

I always choose shipping method as ePacket because its good, faster, and reliable. Anyways, i think this is the last time i am selling their products. will switch to another seller who is selling the same kind of things, but the shipping is much faster as they ship from AU to AU.

Out of curiosity, can we negotiate prices with suppliers on Aliexpress?

Direct Webstore

How long is a piece of string? lol ;) It depends on the seller. If they can see that you've been making a few orders and you tell them you're drop shipping and will be making many more, they may give you a discount on future sales if you ask for one. If they say "no" ... then tell them "Thanks anyway, I'll use another seller then". Then they may change their mind.

This works with Asian taxi drivers and market sellers too. lol ;)

I lived and worked in Asia for 10 years ... I know how they think. You probably do too as you look like you come from somewhere near Asia or India.

;)

daudi250

How long is a piece of string? lol ;) It depends on the seller. If they can see that you've been making a few orders and you tell them you're drop shipping and will be making many more, they may give you a discount on future sales if you ask for one. If they say "no" ... then tell them "Thanks anyway, I'll use another seller then". Then they may change their mind.

This works with Asian taxi drivers and market sellers too. lol ;)

I lived and worked in Asia for 10 years ... I know how they think. You probably do too as you look like you come from somewhere near Asia or India.

;)

ahan.. make sense. I am from Pakistan :p Will try that gig. cause I have one supplier here in AU selling products on eBay for less and providing Dropship services and selling the same item as a wholesale for more on their DS website :p

daudi250

Pretty sure Pakistanis understand "haggling" lol :) Many "Westerners" (white people lol) don't. They just pay the price that's marked. (More money than brains, lol)

BTW, I'm one of the dumb white people .. lol :)

I am not good bargaining. My friends are and they are crazy good. ahahaha