Free Shipping Unavailable

Obat

Hello all,

I'm a pure beginner in dropshipping & still learning the nitty gritty of it.
I have basic question about free shipping on alidropship:

If my customer that buy my item came from a country that not available for free shipping, what will happen?
Will the plugin reject the order or still pass it? And if pass the order, who will bear the shipping cost? Dropshipper or Aliexpress seller?
I'm only offer free shipping. Thank you.

Christina

Administrator
Hello all,

If my customer that buy my item came from a country that not available for free shipping, what will happen?
Will the plugin reject the order or still pass it? And if pass the order, who will bear the shipping cost? Dropshipper or Aliexpress seller?

Hello, Obat!

AliDropship plugin allows you to choose countries that you ship to and set the shipping method for all products in your store or separately for each product.
As you offer free shipping only, your customer can see and choose only this method on your site.
If the customer is from the country you don't select in your settings, he can't choose his country on the checkout page.
But if the product is not available for free shipping for the country you select in your settings you will have to pay for the shipping on AliExpress.

Mar

Hello all,

A product may be free shipping in one country, may not in another and there is no way of knowing where. Before you start importing products, you set the "Ship to" in AliExpress to a country where sellers charge shipping or not ship at all, e.g African countries.

1539085129297.png

If the product is free shipping in these countries it is most likely free shipping in favorite destinations like the USA. If the buyer is from a country that is not free shipping, as long as the product is not bulky and heavy, the shipping cost will be minimal and can be easily absorbed by your profit. So to be safe, don't sell heavy products like automobile. That is the advise by no less than Alidropship staff.

Direct Webstore

TIP: Set Aliexpress.com to South Africa. If there is free shipping to there ... it will be free to almost anywhere. If you have free shipping site wide and you get the occasional order that requires paid shipping, just pay for it and let your overall profits from all sales cover it. This has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Do a search for more info/ideas.

Obat

Hello, Obat!

But if the product is not available for free shipping for the country you select in your settings you will have to pay for the shipping on AliExpress.

This is worry me, I did some research: the shipping cost could more expensive than the item itself.
I think better the plugin has the ability to sort it out

Obat

If the product is free shipping in these countries it is most likely free shipping in favorite destinations like the USA. If the buyer is from a country that is not free shipping, as long as the product is not bulky and heavy, the shipping cost will be minimal and can be easily absorbed by your profit. So to be safe, don't sell heavy products like automobile. That is the advise by no less than Alidropship staff.

Will do this. Thank you ...

Obat

V
TIP: Set Aliexpress.com to South Africa. If there is free shipping to there ... it will be free to almost anywhere. If you have free shipping site wide and you get the occasional order that requires paid shipping, just pay for it and let your overall profits from all sales cover it. This has been discussed numerous times on this forum. Do a search for more info/ideas.

I will start it with South Africa :) Thank you ...

Direct Webstore

This is worry me, I did some research: the shipping cost could more expensive than the item itself.

Just follow this. It's what all sensible people do. I believe the Alidropship staff do it with their own sites as well..

Lets's face it ... dropshipping does not have many overheads. Don't be greedy. Stop thinking about the profit of individual products so much and think about the overall profit of all your sales.The number of orders you'd have to pay for would be very minimal. That's been my experience anyway.

Now start worrying about more important things.

:)

danangbs

Just follow this. It's what all sensible people do. I believe the Alidropship staff do it with their own sites as well..

Lets's face it ... dropshipping does not have many overheads. Don't be greedy. Stop thinking about the profit of individual products so much and think about the overall profit of all your sales.The number of orders you'd have to pay for would be very minimal. That's been my experience anyway.

Now start worrying about more important things.

I would not be greedy, it is just worry feeling from a beginner that just started a new kind of business ... :)

Thank you ...

Direct Webstore

No
I would not be greedy, it is just worry feeling from a beginner that just started a new kind of business ... :)

Thank you ...
No Worries ... and don't worry so much. The general advice is to offer site wide free shipping and absorb the cost of occasional paid shipping with your overall profits.

computel

In woocommerce with alidropship this is set in Woocommerce settings and not alidropshop? or is this just a feature for alidropship?

Hello, Obat!
AliDropship plugin allows you to choose countries that you ship to and set the shipping method for all products in your store or separately for each product.