For Customization's: Is there a way to pass message from customer to supplier?

Alec

Hello,

Thinking about adding print on demand option for products if possible.

Is there a way to set up for customer to upload photo and/or note , and pass that on to supplier automatically when the order is placed through auto ordering process?

Does it do that already some how?

Thank you.

Direct Webstore

Alec

The only way is to setup a child theme and edit the theme checkout page with the original plugin ... or use Woocommerce + a custom checkout page plugin or use a theme like Flatsome and customise the checkout page.
I would like to use woo version, but am planning on something where I feel I need to be able to split variations, which last I saw was not possible yet in woo. Its killing me to use the non-woo version since I am a fan of woo, but need to bite the bullet for my idea. The print on demand stuff is a nice bonus offer for when someone wants something like that which could work well.

Direct Webstore

I feel I need to be able to split variations, which last I saw was not possible yet in woo.
It is possible.

Duplicate a product as many times as you like ... then delete the variations you don't want in each duplicate. Give each duplicate a unique title and description. Done! :)

This has also been discussed in this forum before. Actually, many things have been discussed. There's nothing new left to be discussed. The seldom used search function will reveal all ... lol :)

:)

Alec

It is possible.

Duplicate a product as many times as you like ... then delete the variations you don't want in each duplicate. Give each duplicate a unique title and description. Done! :)

This has also been discussed in this forum before. Actually, many things have been discussed. There's nothing new left to be discussed. The seldom used search function will reveal all ... lol :)

Thanks, I know about that little trick from past discussion. Its just the thought is killing me since virtually anything I want to upload has multiple variations colors etc and that is a lot of manual stuff going on. I probably will use woo in the end, just dreading the extra work since it will be every listing like that.

Sorry about not searching for print on demand question, was late and not thinking clear right now.

Direct Webstore

Also ... I'm sure that in the near future "One Click" variation splitting will be introduced into the Woo plugin. AT the moment, the "Several Clicks" method I described above works just as well. :)

Direct Webstore

that is a lot of manual stuff going on.
Compared to all the other editing you have to do with imported products i.e New title, description, deleting garbage attributes (brand etc), editing images (covering watermarks etc) ... spending 2 seconds duplicating a product and then editing those duplicates like any other product is nothing. Don't be influenced by the drama queens on this forum ... lol :)

Direct Webstore

Your only other choice is sticking with the original and editing the checkout.php theme file ... and you'd need to be experienced to do that. There is a box for order comments there. I'd put a simple upload script above it or even replace it with an upload+form script for photos and other details.

https://www.google.com.au/search?gs_ivs=1&q=simple+upload+script

Actually, even with Woo you'd have to insert an upload script somewhere ... but there may be plugins for it. Do a search ...

Last edited:

Alec

I do like the crisp effective layout of the original theme on one hand, but the versatility of the woo version is hard to overcome.

Direct Webstore

Or you could go the simple low tech way and just have instructions in your product description instructing customers to email you a photo. Or find a form plugin that has upload fields, make a new page for it and direct customers to it ... dunno ... just thinking out loud here... lol :)

Alec

I think I read one of the previous posts where it says in the woo version customer message shows in purchase list, you just have to copy paste it into message to seller in aliexpress checkout page, that does not seem that bad.

Direct Webstore

I think I read one of the previous posts where it says in the woo version customer message shows in purchase list, you just have to copy paste it into message to seller in aliexpress checkout page, that does not seem that bad.
That doesn't solve the photo upload problem. i.e the customer uploading the photo to you.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

... but when you place the order... you will have to email the photo to the seller. I don't see how you could automatically pass it on from the customer. You'll just have to do that part manually. I have seen a few sellers that do the print on demand stuff and they all need you to email them the photo you want printed on the coffee mug or whatever. Maybe there are some that have an easier way ... I think I will have a quick look.

Direct Webstore

Just checked a couple .. nope. They all need you to send them custom photos for t-shirts, mugs etc.

But installing a upload form on a new page and putting a link to it in the product description for your customers is doable. Much easier than editing the checkout page.

Direct Webstore

Actually, get an upload form plugin that has shortcodes and place the form directly in the product description!

This one has a shortcode ... just paste it into the product description with an explanation to upload their custom photo. It also has custom fields so they can add their name and the product name. (so you know what photo goes with what)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-upload/

Alec

Actually, get an upload form plugin that has shortcodes and place the form directly in the product description!

This one has a shortcode ... just paste it into the product description with an explanation to upload their custom photo. It also has custom fields so they can add their name and the product name. (so you know what photo goes with what)

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-upload/
Would have to see if there is a way to connect purchases with orders somehow, by user or something, but could be interesting. Fortunately, not thinking print on demand as the cornerstone offer, just a nice addon product class. Gives time to work this through.

Direct Webstore

This bit makes it even easier .

"The plugin displays the list of uploaded files in a separate top-level menu in Dashboard and includes a file browser to access and manage the uploaded files (only for admins currently)."

Direct Webstore

You just need to establish a semi manual workflow to process the orders and it would be easy.

1. Place order as usual with seller.
2. Download the customers photo from the dashboard to your desktop.
3. Contact the seller and upload the photo to them.
4. Have a beer.

Sorted! :)