Facebook news

Elena

Dear clients!

If you see this error in the Rabbit (the Facebook poster tool)
{\"error\":\"Graph returned an error: (#100) Only owners of the URL have the ability to specify the picture, name, thumbnail or description params.\"}, follow this link please- https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification

As of November 7, 2017, link customization is available however the link must be owned by the posting page and a page access token is required. To verify ownership, check the ownership_permissions{can_customize_link_posts} field on the URL node. See our Link Ownership Guide for more information. For versions 2.10 and lower, picture, name, thumbnail, and description are deprecated. caption is deprecated for all versions.

Regards,
Elena

Lucas4ever

Thanks for the info, I have followed all the steps and now the FB grabber is working but FB poster keeps showing the same error {"error":"Graph returned an error: (#100) Only owners of the URL have the ability to specify the picture, name, thumbnail or description params."}

Vladimir Unguru

In my case it worked like a charm. Thank you Elena! Lucas4ever, I'm pretty sure you missed something. Did you use one of the methods to confirm domain ownership? You also need to associate your FB page with the domain.

Lucas4ever

Yeah, I did confirm domain ownership and associate the FB page with the domain, I will try to delete and redoit again...

Lucas4ever

I need some professional assistant, I tried to do everythting again and it still shows the same error, I don't know what is missing...

Lucas4ever

Yes, tester and grabber works fine its just the facebook poster and sometimes some twitter poster comes back with an error.

Vladimir Unguru

It looks like I've figured out what's going on. Lucas4ever, you were right, my FB poster didn't work either, only the test was working, but I've figured out significantly later. I rushed with my answer for which I'm sorry. So, I'm in the same club as you guys :(

In the meantime I did an extensive research and have figured out that FB poster is using Open Graph API. The created posts have attached pictures and captions, which require the app to have "publish_actions" permission. But this permission is not granted for applications creating automatic posts, such as SR.

So in my vision, the SR developers should consider relying only on Open Graph metatags, like the tester and grabber. It is about what happens when you manually paste a link in a new status - FB reads the metatags from that link and automatically includes pictures and text accordingly. And for this to work, SR or another plugin should provide Open Graph metatags support, which is easily doable.

Elena, I did all that stuff from the suggested article, and much more other things, but nothing helped. I still see the same error in the log. For the time being I'm looking for an alternative plugin for this particular function. Other than Twitter grabber throwing exceptions from time to time, everything else is working.

In conclusion: either there is a working solution for the current SR version (which I'm not aware of), or the developers should consider an update to make it compatible with the current FB requirements. I'll contact their support as well.

Vladimir Unguru

I'm using SNAP free plugin to replace the non-functional FB autoposter. It does it's job pretty well, it only lacks an important feature: it doesn't support text spinner syntax. Anyway, it's the best replacement I've found so far.

I'm using SNAP free plugin to replace the non-functional FB autoposter. It does it's job pretty well, it only lacks an important feature: it doesn't support text spinner syntax. Anyway, it's the best replacement I've found so far.

I'm also using the SNAP plugin but unfortunately it doesn't support posting price or salesprice :(

Ok i found the solution to this problem :).

1. In your app you created for Social Rabbit go to > Dashoard > Settings > Advanced.
2. Scroll down to Domain Manager > Add a domain

Enter A URL > Enter domain name for example xxx.com.
Select "Match Prefix"
Uncheck "HTML" & "Javascript and css" in Prefetch setting.

Click on apply and voila its done. :)

Johnny Hook

1. In your app you created for Social Rabbit go to > Dashoard > Settings > Advanced.

Select "Match Prefix"

Didn't worked for me :(

Select "Match Prefix"

Not working, but thanks for your help.