Extension/Plugin choses bad shipping on Aliexpress

kukiman

Hello,

It occurs very very often, I thought it might be a product/seller issue, but it is not, it's related to the plugin/extension.

When I import products I have it set that shipping is supposed to be free:

1563022679200.png

There is free shipping in the shipping details of the certain product:

1563022757238.png

When I try to order it via Alidropship "place order automatically" it choses the Aliexpress standard shipping cost - 2.4$ EVERY SINGLE TIME. It happens to me on many products, especially the very cheap ones which are definitely not worth shipping them by Aliexpress Standard Shipping. I tried changing suppliers etc., problem still persists.

It must be somewhere in the Alidropship plugin/extension that it keeps on picking the expensive shipping instead of the cheap one.

Right at the beginning when products are added into the cart, the chosen shipping method is fine, then it opens up and changes to Aliexpress standard shipping. I want to stay at the free shipping:

This is how it looks right after adding items into cart:

1563022958415.png

And then 1 second later it changes it to expensive shipping. In this case - E-packet.

1563023025977.png

How do I fix it....?

Lika

Staff member
We are sorry if that causes inconvenience.
UPD
The extension gives preference to epacket (as optimal in price/speed ratio) automatically if it is available for the product.
If you plan to choose free shipping (not epacket), it will have to be done on Aliexpress site when placing the order.

Last edited:

kukiman

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The developers are aware of the issue and working on the fix.
It has been this way for months... I thought it was just a product related issue, but it's the extension thing. Please provide a solution asap.

kukiman

We are sorry if that causes inconvenience.
UPD
The extension gives preference to epacket (as optimal in price/speed ratio) automatically if it is available for the product.
If you plan to choose free shipping (not epacket), it will have to be done on Aliexpress site when placing the order.

I got the exact same response on my emails, it is really bad in my honest opinion... I would like to chose the shipping I like, the exact same way I decide which products I sell. It is really annoying, having to change hundreds of shipping methods every day on every single product...

@Victoria Kudryashova is there any chance you could implement such a feature? We all agree that choosing the epacket by force is a very bad solution.

Mar

I got the exact same response on my emails, it is really bad in my honest opinion... I would like to chose the shipping I like, the exact same way I decide which products I sell. It is really annoying, having to change hundreds of shipping methods every day on every single product...

@Victoria Kudryashova is there any chance you could implement such a feature? We all agree that choosing the epacket by force is a very bad solution.
I don't really get the issue here. When you import products from AliExpress, you will set the Ship to in a country where a seller is not likely give free shipping or not ship to the country at all, e. g. South Africa. Products that appear in the window is free shipping in that country and is most likely free shipping to major markets like the United States. The buyer will only see free shipping since you set free shipping. But there is no guarantee that it will be free shipping to all countries When a customer buy a product in your site, it is always free shipping. But when it turn out that it is not free shipping in AliExpress to a certain country, you have to pay the shipping cost not the buyer. That is why I am wondering what this email is all about? and why do you have to change hundreds of shipping methods every day on every single product?

1566366318611.png

1566367740285.png
1566368462456.png

Attachments

• 1566366731395.png
    1566366731395.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1566368122927.png
    1566368122927.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1566368302415.png
    1566368302415.png
    520.7 KB · Views: 6

kukiman

When importing I set the "free shipping" option everywhere possible, imported products - but plugin keeps on picking epacket even though there are a few free shipping options available for this product. As you could see in my first screenshots - there is a free shipping for product that costs ~0.5$, yet plugin choses to ship it with a 5.5$ shipping, which is ridiculous. Same happens on my other stores, there are 2 options of free shipping and alidropship plugin still picks the epacket as it's "designed" to do so, that is the issue - we can't pick the shipping we want when importing products as the alidropship plugin will force epacket anyway...

Mar

When importing I set the "free shipping" option everywhere possible, imported products - but plugin keeps on picking epacket even though there are a few free shipping options available for this product. As you could see in my first screenshots - there is a free shipping for product that costs ~0.5$, yet plugin choses to ship it with a 5.5$ shipping, which is ridiculous. Same happens on my other stores, there are 2 options of free shipping and alidropship plugin still picks the epacket as it's "designed" to do so, that is the issue - we can't pick the shipping we want when importing products as the alidropship plugin will force epacket anyway...
Did you set Free shipping in Woocommerce setting? If you set it, all products in your site is free shipping according to countries in the shipping zones you select. If you don't set it, shipping method in AliExpress will apply. Again, products in your site will be marked free shipping because of this setting in Woocommerce, not because it is free shipping in AliExpress.

1566376995526.png

kukiman

Did you set Free shipping in Woocommerce setting? If you set it, all products in your site is free shipping according to countries in the shipping zones you select. If you don't set it, shipping method in AliExpress will apply. Again, products in your site will be marked free shipping because of this setting in Woocommerce, not because it is free shipping in AliExpress.

I am not talking about the "free shipping" on my woocommerce products when people buy them, but the shipping method chosen by alidropship on aliexpress - when automatically placing an order. I have the shipping zones set to "free", the problem is not my store setting but the fact that alidropship forces it to be epacket preferably, without us being able to change preferred shipping method at the first place eg. "free"

When I import products I have it set that shipping is supposed to be free:

1563022679200-png.9616

There is free shipping in the shipping details of the certain product:

1563022757238-png.9617

When I try to order it via Alidropship "place order automatically" it choses the Aliexpress standard shipping cost - 2.4$ EVERY SINGLE TIME. It happens to me on many products, especially the very cheap ones which are definitely not worth shipping them by Aliexpress Standard Shipping. I tried changing suppliers etc., problem still persists.

It must be somewhere in the Alidropship plugin/extension that it keeps on picking the expensive shipping instead of the cheap one.

Right at the beginning when products are added into the cart, the chosen shipping method is fine, then it opens up and changes to Aliexpress standard shipping. I want to stay at the free shipping:

This is how it looks right after adding items into cart:

1563022958415-png.9618

And then 1 second later it changes it to expensive shipping. In this case - E-packet.

1563023025977-png.9619

Mar

I am not talking about the "free shipping" on my woocommerce products when people buy them, but the shipping method chosen by alidropship on aliexpress - when automatically placing an order. I have the shipping zones set to "free", the problem is not my store setting but the fact that alidropship forces it to be epacket preferably, without us being able to change preferred shipping method at the first place eg. "free"
Again as I explained earlier, even if you select free shipping or any shipping method when you import in AliExpress, it will apply to that country you set the "Ship to" but there is no guarantee that it will apply to all countries. I have come across a number of cases when I received an order of course with free shipping as I set in WooCommerce, but when I placed automatic order, it turned out it is not free shipping in AliExpress to the destination and I have to pay the cost, luckily the cost was minimal. That was before the Shipping Product Aliexpress add-on. The shipping method was what the seller chose and I don't see anything unusual to that.

kukiman

Again as I explained earlier, even if you select free shipping when you import in AliExpress, it is free shipping to that that country you set the "Ship to" but there is no guarantee that it will be free to all countries. I have come across a number of cases when I received an order of course with free shipping as I set in WooCommerce, but when I place automatic order, it turned out it is not free shipping in AliExpress to the destination and I have to pay the cost, luckily the cost was minimal. That was before the Shipping Product Aliexpress add-on. The shipping method was what the seller chose and I don't see anything unusual to that.

I am only shipping packages to 1 country, and when I was importing the products to my store - there was "free shipping" option chosen, so the issue is not about the specific country as you stated. Even the staff said that they are forcing epacket in plugin and there is no option to change it

sd999

Hi, I Just read the thread which has intrigued me as well.
Is the issue that you are trying to choose free shipping as the default option that the Alidropship app sets up for you when uploading products to your store, and then wanting that setting to stay that way when a customer makes a purchase on that product so you don't pay for unexpected shipping charges? And by the sound of it when you select free shipping and import the product, the app suddenly causes it to change to a paid shipping setting by an unknown default?

Mar

Hi, I Just read the thread which has intrigued me as well.
Is the issue that you are trying to choose free shipping as the default option that the Alidropship app sets up for you when uploading products to your store, and then wanting that setting to stay that way when a customer makes a purchase on that product so you don't pay for unexpected shipping charges? And by the sound of it when you select free shipping and import the product, the app suddenly causes it to change to a paid shipping setting by an unknown default?
As I explained earlier, you set free shipping in Woocommerce setting, you set "Ship to" country in AliExpress and select free shipping during product import, products that are free shipping for that country will be shown to import. These products are free shipping to that country, but there is no guarantee that the same products are free shipping to other countries. In the event that a product is not free to a country destination, the seller's shipping method will apply.

The Shipping Product Aliexpress add-on will get rid of this instances. When a visitor add a product to cart, shipping method for the destination country will be shown. There is no way that a product is free shipping in your site and turn out not free in AliExpress and you pay the cost.

kukiman

As I explained earlier, you set free shipping in Woocommerce setting, you set "Ship to" country in AliExpress and select free shipping during product import, products that are free shipping for that country will be shown to import. These products are free shipping to that country, but there is no guarantee that the same products are free shipping to other countries. In the event that a product is not free to a country destination, the seller's shipping method will apply.

As I explained earlier - it doesn't work that way... I have set free shipping on woocommerce, free shipping on aliexpress when importing products (I only ship to 1 country so there is no problem with country variation shipping costs etc.). The problem still occurs

The Shipping Product Aliexpress add-on will get rid of this instances. When a visitor add a product to cart, shipping method for the destination country will be shown. There is no way that a product is free shipping in your site and turn out not free in AliExpress and you pay the cost.

where do I find it? I will test it out

Even the alidropship staff member said that the plugin chooses the epacket etc. by default, and if we want it to be free - we have to change it manually, so there I am, asking it to be the shipping that we initially picked etc.

Last edited:

kukiman

I am using the addon with the woo version.

Great, as I saw the developer mentioning in the topic that you linked - that it is only for original plugin and they are planning on enabling it in woo in the future.

One more question - does it allow you to pick only 1 preferred shipping method - e.g. free shipping, and automatically using it? We offer free shipping to our customers on every of our stores - I would rather not charge them for shipping and I do not want them to see the other methods etc.

Thank you :)

Mar

Great, as I saw the developer mentioning in the topic that you linked - that it is only for original plugin and they are planning on enabling it in woo in the future.

One more question - does it allow you to pick only 1 preferred shipping method - e.g. free shipping, and automatically using it? We offer free shipping to our customers on every of our stores - I would rather not charge them for shipping and I do not want them to see the other methods etc.

Thank you :)
The addon was first developed for the original plugin, later it was made compatible with the woo version.

The idea of the addon is to apply the shipping methods of a product in AliExpress. The shipping methods in AliExpress depend on the destination country. If the destination country has no free shipping of the product, there will be no free shipping in your site as well. If you use the addon, you will disable the free shipping method in woocommerce, other wise it will create confusion. If you don't want to use the addon because you want free shipping only in your store. that is your call. But your problem of products paid as free shipping and turn out not free shipping in AliExpress will continue. This is the addon that will get rid of that situation.

kukiman

The addon was first developed for the original plugin, later it was made compatible with the woo version.

The idea of the addon is to apply the shipping methods of a product in AliExpress. The shipping methods in AliExpress depend on the destination country. If the destination country has no free shipping, there will be no free shipping in your site as well. If you use the addon, you will disable the free shipping method in woocommerce, other wise it will create confusion. If you don't want to use the addon because you want free shipping only in your store. that is your call. But your problem of products paid as free shipping and turn out not free shipping in AliExpress will continue. This is the addon that will get rid of that situation.

:/
This doesn't solve my situation as we offer free shipping no matter what the costs of the actual shipping are - the problem is that alidropship forces epacket even to the products that have free shipping.
The plugin will not solve the issue I guess :(

Thank you for explaining :)

Mar

:/
This doesn't solve my situation as we offer free shipping no matter what the costs of the actual shipping are - the problem is that alidropship forces epacket even to the products that have free shipping.
The plugin will not solve the issue I guess :(

Thank you for explaining :)
I have explained it earlier, I don't have to explain it all over again. If you prefer buyers to buy products as free shipping in your store and pay shipping cost when you order in AliExpress because it turn out it is not free, it is your call, end of the story.