EMERGENCY - Product image gallery deleted

daniel-97

I permanently deleted many images from my media/gallery, and now found out they were linked to the product. Thought after putting images on the product, they wouldnt be linked anyhow. Can I undo this step or do I need to import those product again :(

And the problem I got from the beginning is that when I move my mouse to the image, the aliexpress name appeared on the image (https://prnt.sc/qwytyg), I wanted to remove them so I thought I need to delete the images to get those links away. I learn things the hard ways...

Really hope someone can help me with this, thank you!

Mar

I permanently deleted many images from my media/gallery, and now found out they were linked to the product. Thought after putting images on the product, they wouldnt be linked anyhow. Can I undo this step or do I need to import those product again :(
You can easily restore the images if you have a back up. If you don't have , I'm afraid you have to delete the products and re-import. To make sure you are deleting images not used in products, go to media folder, click the list mode, click Unattached in the dropdown and click filter. Take note of images you added for other elements of the site e.g sliders, it will show as unattached. (see screenshot below)

And the problem I got from the beginning is that when I move my mouse to the image, the aliexpress name appeared on the image (https://prnt.sc/qwytyg), I wanted to remove them so I thought I need to delete the images to get those links away. I learn things the hard ways...
Install the free PB SEO Friendly Images plugin. Simply follow the simple setting in the screenshot below. You don't need to run anything in the plugin. It will replace image alt and titles added by the seller on the fly. When you hover on an image in edit mode, you will see the titles added by the seller. In the front end, when you hover on the same image, you will see the image title that you created for the product.

1580799891374.png

1580799454770.png

daniel-97

You can easily restore the images if you have a back up. If you don't have , I'm afraid you have to delete the products and re-import. To make sure you are deleting images not used in products, go to media folder, click the list mode, click Unattached in the dropdown and click filter. Take note of images you added for other elements of the site e.g sliders, it will show as unattached. (see screenshot below)

Install the free PB SEO Friendly Images plugin. Simply follow the simple setting in the screenshot below. You don't need to run anything in the plugin. It will replace image alt and titles added by the seller on the fly. When you hover on an image in edit mode, you will see the titles added by the seller. In the front end, when you hover on the same image, you will see the image title that you created for the product.

View attachment 11166

View attachment 11165
I have backup but only one, from the Word Fence, can you look at it and tell if it can restore the old data? View attachment 11167

OMG thank you, now I understand the basic of Image Library! And thanks for the plugin, I dont have to manually edit those images

Mar

I have backup but only one, from the Word Fence, can you look at it and tell if it can restore the old data? View attachment 11167

OMG thank you, now I understand the basic of Image Library! And thanks for the plugin, I dont have to manually edit those images
The screenshot is of .htaccess backup. If you don't have enough knowledge of .htaccess, don't do anything or else the site will disappear.

daniel-97

The screenshot is of .htaccess backup. If you don't have enough knowledge of .htaccess, don't do anything or else the site will disappear.
Okay i will do nothing. Imma import the product manually, no problem.
Is it safe to put my backup info publicly like this? Or do i need to hide it to myself?

Mar

Okay i will do nothing. Imma import the product manually, no problem.
Is it safe to put my backup info publicly like this? Or do i need to hide it to myself?
Don't worry about your .htaccess backup in public. I don't think anybody is interested. You should inquire your host provider if they provide a backup, not only for this instance but for the future.

As a follow up, if you want the title only show on hover, remove the name in the setting. If you don't, the image title will be preceded by numbers (that is the image name), you don't need it.

1580801717826.png

1580801917971.png

daniel-97

Don't worry about your .htaccess backup in public. I don't think anybody is interested. You should inquire your host provider if they provide a backup, not only for this instance but for the future.

As a follow up, if you want the title only show on hover, remove the name in the setting. If you don't, the image title will be preceded by numbers (that is the image name), you don't need it.

View attachment 11168

View attachment 11169
Okay got it, thank you very much :D