Email Notifications with Tracking Numbers? Woo site

Mrbb922

Hi I am wondering how the email notifications with tracking information is setup through a woo site. All the information and youtube videos I have seen seem to be on the original version of the plugin and not the woo version of the plugin. So in what I have read is that when an order is marked to 'shipped' the plugin automatically sends email notifications with the tracking information. I am aware it that all email notifications are done through woo at this point, but I don't actually see a template (or a template with the short code for tracking information) in woo. Does the plugin kind of override these short codes and add the tracking info in? Is it a woo extension that I need to have for this to be possible? If it is an extension which one?

Christina

Administrator
Hi I am wondering how the email notifications with tracking information is setup through a woo site. All the information and youtube videos I have seen seem to be on the original version of the plugin and not the woo version of the plugin. So in what I have read is that when an order is marked to 'shipped' the plugin automatically sends email notifications with the tracking information. I am aware it that all email notifications are done through woo at this point, but I don't actually see a template (or a template with the short code for tracking information) in woo. Does the plugin kind of override these short codes and add the tracking info in? Is it a woo extension that I need to have for this to be possible? If it is an extension which one?

Hello, dear client!

The AliDropship plugin has the same settings for Tracking Service like the Original one (AliDropship Woo -> AliExpress -> Settings). You should enable the 'Order shipped' notification' toggle. When the extension collects the tracking IDs, the email will be sent to your customer.
Settings ‹ Test Woo — WordPress 2018-12-17 12-42-15.png

However, WooCommerce has its own email templates. Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails. Manage the Shipped Order and make sure that it is enabled. The plugin adds the tracking information automatically. To learn more about WooCommerce Emails, read the following documentation https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/, https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/email-faq/

WooCommerce settings ‹ Test Woo — WordPress 2018-12-17 12-44-43.png

Mrbb922

Yes the woocommerce needs a paid extension to actually send tracking email though. Its 'Shipment and Tracking' extension at $49 billed yearly. Its designated under the 'Completed Order' template, but has no way of actually adding in a tracking number or generating short code to grab the number until the extension is activated. Thats what I needed to know really. And that should be something you state to clients. Also I think it would be a big help if there were any woo version tutorials or documents as everything seems to be for the original version of the plugin.

Mrbb922

agree, I am now wondering how to set up my email notifications too .....

I have it set up at this point (at least I believe I do, it worked in testing sandbox orders through paypal). I had to install the paid extension of 'Shipment and Tracking' for woocommerce for the plugin. Without it there is actually no way for woo to handle tracking numbers, after installing it you get another field box inside the order screen that allows you to input the number and courier service (which Alidropship will automatically do once it syncs with Aliexpress).

Now there is a member (Direct Webstore) who posted the site https://gpldl.com/repository/premium-woocommerce-extensions/ that allows you to download premium wordpress plugins for free. As all wordpress plugins are actually 'General Public Licensed' there is nothing illegal by doing this, you actually only pay for support and updates. If you go to that above link you can download the 'Shipment and Tracking' plugin for woo as a zip then upload it as a plugin (the same way you would with any) to your site. You just won't be able to receive support for that extension or update it (without either purchasing a subscription or finding the updated extension on GPLDL). I am actually using that for now, once I get my site up and running I will then purchase all the subscriptions I will need. But for now I am just setting things and testing so I really don't want to pay for more than I have to (especially if its something I don't need or like after the fact).