El Greco Woo theme Front Page

davidmarshall

Hi,
I am in the process of changing my Alidropship website with the El Greco Woo theme. I installed the theme and uploaded the demo content ( I deleted my pages and menu before I uploaded).
I am having the hardest time finding the home or front page of the new theme. I went to the customization section and found the front page and home section and still can't find it. My home page as of now is blank. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
David

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi,
I am in the process of changing my Alidropship website with the El Greco Woo theme. I installed the theme and uploaded the demo content ( I deleted my pages and menu before I uploaded).
I am having the hardest time finding the home or front page of the new theme. I went to the customization section and found the front page and home section and still can't find it. My home page as of now is blank. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
David
Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such troubles installing the El Greco Woo theme.
'Home' should be your Front page by default. Please check the screenshot from the demo website.
Pages ‹ El Greco Woo - Theme for AliDropship Woo — WordPress.png

Could you please pm me your WP access details so I can check what might be the issue?

Lika

Staff member
Hi,

In case someone else faces the same issue, if you actually deleted your homepage, you should first restore it.
1. Go to Pages -> Add new and create a page with Home as a title. Publish the page.
2. Go to Settings of Wordpress-> Reading and select the new Home page as Homepage in the dropdown menu.
Now
3. If the theme is activated and the demo content has already been installed, return to Pages, click to edit the homepage, open page attributes on the right hand panes and select Homepage template for the page and update the page. If the demo content has not yet been installed, open El Greco Woo ->General and click install Demo content first.

That should help.

Last edited:

chris37

Hi,

In case someone else faces the same issue, if you actually deleted your homepage, you should first restore it.
1. Go to Pages -> Add new and create a page with Home as a title. Publish the page.
2. Go to Settings of Wordpress-> Reading and select the new Home page as Homepage in the dropdown menu.
Now
3. If the theme is activated and the demo content has already been installed, return to Pages, click to edit the homepage, open page attributes on the right hand panes and select Homepage template for the page and update the page. If the demo content has not yet been installed, open El Greco Woo ->General and click install Demo content first.

That should help.
That was not cover in that thread?

https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/da-vinci-pages.16519/#post-78395

(Permanent delete the pages and reinstall them from the demo content):rolleyes:

chris37

Generally, it is (thank you) but with an addition what to do if after the reinstallation of the pages the homepage was not set as a static page in the Wordpress settings and you see your blog page instead of your homepage.
This is one of the first thing to do when you install your wordpress theme(and demo content)