El Greco: How to display archives by product tag?

TeaPlease

I have ADS Original (not Woo) with the El Greco template. This includes a taxonomy we can use to tag products, as I'd expect. (The taxonomy slug is `product_tag`.)
However, there don't seem to be any option at all to display and use these tags in the front end.

When I view the front-end output for a given tag, the system uses the blog archive template rather than the product archive template (which it uses for the product category taxonomy, `product_cat`). We need to give the user the 'shop' experience for product tags, similar to product categories — not the blog experience which has a different layout, doesn't show prices, etcetera.

I've tried to override the `archive.php` template file through the child theme, but nothing happens even after I refresh permalinks. I'm not caching product/taxonomy pages.

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction or provide code to make proper use of the product tags?

TeaPlease

@mindfulmarket Thanks for taking the time to answer, but I don't understand what you mean by 'product tables' and how that relates to my question. Could you tell me more about what you mean and how I might make use of it to display products based on tags?