Dropshipping Journey (need feedback)

kerenjeh

Hi All...
I'm new on the internet marketing and dropshipping business...
I bought Alidropship plugin on March 2017 and just launched my dropshipping store on May 2017. I began advertising using facebook and got high engagement (high number of likes, comments and shares). However, there was no sales at all.
Product 1 (Jewelry)
high_engagement2.jpg

Product 2 (Jewelry)
high_engagement.jpg

To date, I have been advertising for 10 products on FB and spending almost $US 500 with no sales. When I tried to see traffic analysis in the Alidropship Plugin, it showed that I had high bounce rate above 90% .

High Bounce Rate
country_bouncerate.jpg

traffic_bouncerate.jpg

Questions:
1. What should I do to reduce my bounce rate?
2. Does bounce rate significantly influence the website conversion rate?
3. Does anyone has an experience comparing Sho##fy vs alidropship plug-in? which one is having higher conversion? I am just thinking to switch the platform seeing this result so far.

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks
Kerenjeh

Attachments

• high_engagement.JPG
    high_engagement.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 15
  • high_engagement2.JPG
    high_engagement2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 13
  • high_engagement.JPG
    high_engagement.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 13
  • traffic_bouncerate.JPG
    traffic_bouncerate.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 12
  • traffic_bouncerate.JPG
    traffic_bouncerate.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 11

GymJim

What are your adverts geared for? Have you done adverts for engagement or for conversion?

Edit:

Asnwers to your questions
1. What should I do to reduce my bounce rate? - Review your overal website. Have your product listings got any of the following
.Bad Titles
. Lots of images in the description
. Lots of unnecessary information or
Bounce rate is how many people leave your website in a set number of seconds without really going anywhere else. If you have a high bounce rate then you will most likely have a low conversion as people are not staying.
3. Does anyone has an experience comparing Sho##fy vs alidropship plug-in? which one is having higher conversion? I am just thinking to switch the platform seeing this result so far.
Shopify is ok, it's themes are geared for selling, but you have to use different plugins which in my opinion are inferior.

kerenjeh

Hi @GymJim
Thanks a lot for your feedback

What are your adverts geared for? I've been using brand awareness, post engagement, traffic and conversions for testing 10 products with budget varied from $US 5 - 10 for 3 - 5 days.

Have you done adverts for engagement or for conversion? Yes, I did.

Here's my reply on your feedback

1. What should I do to reduce my bounce rate? - Review your overal website. Have your product listings got any of the following
.Bad Titles --> I usually changed the titles from Aliexpress
. Lots of images in the description --> I always compressed the image using tinyjpg to enable faster loading page
. Lots of unnecessary information or --> I just used short explanation without images on production description

Bounce rate is how many people leave your website in a set number of seconds without really going anywhere else. If you have a high bounce rate then you will most likely have a low conversion as people are not staying.
--> I think the same with you and still wonder what I should do to improve the website. Is there any apps or plug-ins that can help improve website and reduce bounce rate?

GymJim

I have replied in line

Hi @GymJim
Thanks a lot for your feedback

What are your adverts geared for? I've been using brand awareness, post engagement, traffic and conversions for testing 10 products with budget varied from $US 5 - 10 for 3 - 5 days. - Jesus, that's a lot of different steps! I usually do social proof followed by conversion..and that's about it.

Have you done adverts for engagement or for conversion? Yes, I did.

Here's my reply on your feedback

.Bad Titles --> I usually changed the titles from Aliexpress - Dont' do usual, always change them. AliExpress compress as many keywords as possible. Change them ASAP
. Lots of images in the description --> I always compressed the image using tinyjpg to enable faster loading page - Remove all images from descriptions and only use images in the image boxes provided

. Lots of unnecessary information or --> I just used short explanation without images on production description - That goes against what you have just said, but ok.

--> I think the same with you and still wonder what I should do to improve the website. Is there any apps or plug-ins that can help improve website and reduce bounce rate?- You can't plugin or app your way out of a badly done website. Improve your images and content first, then worry about looking at apps.

I would ensure you are looking at your google analytics and see what they are providing you. Maybe install a heat map to better understand where people go when they reach the website.

Also look at shipping prices, what your overal prices are for your products - Are you 2 - 3X the price - Can they get it cheaper, easier and quicker via Amazon or similar.

nenene

with $US 500 you bought a nice amount of data from facebook. What campaigns did you run? Post engagement? Website conversions? How long? What did you target?
Are you able you proficiently interpret those? Cost per click, click through rate, your best age groups, countries, devices, cost per add to cart etc?
It could be many things going wrong, your targeting, your ad copy, your landing page, your product, your price... you HAVE to be able to analyze your data to accomplish anything.
The engagement photos and bounce rate you posted are not that useful.