Dropshipping AliExpress from China or US?

ronwan

I have been dropshipping on a low level, mainly from AliExpress.
Sadly i can just aim at buyers from the US as I choose items from sellers that ship from US warehouse. Shipping times from the US warehouse is just a couple of days while shipping from China can take 4-6 weeks.
Also, I prefer that buyers do not receive their items in a chinese envelope and know it comes from China as my experience is that many buyers then feel scammed.

But ..... there are so many great items to resell on AliExpress but only a very small part of them are available to be shipped from US warehouse.

How do you, other dropshippers handle this?
Do you dropship from China despite the long shipping times?

I suppose it's possible to have the items shipped from China when you're selling the items on your own website.
I just resell them on sites like Ebay; then shipping from China is no option, i suppose.

I would love to hear you fellow dropshippers how you deal with this.
Thanks !!

Mar

I have been dropshipping on a low level, mainly from AliExpress.
Sadly i can just aim at buyers from the US as I choose items from sellers that ship from US warehouse. Shipping times from the US warehouse is just a couple of days while shipping from China can take 4-6 weeks.
Also, I prefer that buyers do not receive their items in a chinese envelope and know it comes from China as my experience is that many buyers then feel scammed.
If you feel buyers feel scammed when they know the item they buy is from China, forget dropshipping with AliExpress as there is no way to hide it. About long shipping times, the problem is when you promise buyers the product they buy will be delivered tomorrow even of you know that it is not true. Bottom line is you have to be honest. There is nothing wrong with products coming from China with long shipping times as long as buyers are aware.

ronwan

Thanks for the reply Mar.
In fact I agree with your points and feel the same about them. But, as my opinion doesn't necessarily have to be the truth I was looking for other's opinions, especially from people that actively dropship stuff from China.

So, any experiences from resellers would still be most welcome.

Especially, will dropshipping from China work on Ebay? Dropshipping itself will, but will the long shipping time be a problem on Ebay??

Thanks !!

Mar

Others sellers that do dropshipping; we're reselling items, right?
If you mean sellers of AliExpress, yes they sell either to dropshippers or any buyers. You are so hard to understand. Please clarify, who are these Others sellers that do dropshipping.

ronwan

Well, i thought i was pretty clear :)
I mean other dropshippers, so other sellers that resell AliExpress items on sites like Ebay.
So, i put am item for sale on Ebay for example, once sold i order it on AliEpxress and have it shipped to the buyer on Ebay. In this example i am the dropshipper.

Mar

Well, i thought i was pretty clear :)
I mean other dropshippers, so other sellers that resell AliExpress items on sites like Ebay.
So, i put am item for sale on Ebay for example, once sold i order it on AliEpxress and have it shipped to the buyer on Ebay. In this example i am the dropshipper.
You are a dropshipper, to avoid confusion call yourself dropshipper. What we understand seller here in the forum are the sellers of AliExpress.

Last edited:

ronwan

Anyway, i am still interested in the experiences of other dropshippers, dropshipping from AliExpress on a site like Ebay.