Dropshipme Plugin

SugarFlirt

How has your experience been with the Dropship-me plugin? I think it's a great way to save time if your in need of "filling" your site, but it needs more customization.

One main issue is that it imports images to the server . This takes up a tremendous amount of server space. Also, if you run out of server space it will still import but without its picture and will deduct from your import bank. Now I will have to either upgrade your hosting plan and reupload (which will cost me more uploads), or delete items. If you know how to get it to grab from AliExpress instead, please share!

My other issues is that it does not allow for manual selection of items. I have a large import list of items I'd like to edit and publish, but the plugin only imports those it selects through its own filters and sorts.Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 12.59.07 PM.png

dropshipnow

I'm a newbie but already onto this one guys!

I contacted support@alidropship with this question -
"I've started my website by using Dropship.me plugin to import 4 products. I've noticed that all 4 product photos have appeared in Media Library (all checkpoints for Product Images section are unchecked). As these photos are appearing in the Media Library, does this mean Alidropship Servers are hosting these images and accounted for in my Silver Plan 3GB disc storage?"

The answer from support@alidropship was
"Hello! Dropship.me plugin loads products images not from AliExpress, but from AliDropship company servers. Unfortunately, Dropship.me plugin has no option to obtain only images' links at the moment and it loads products images of uploaded products to a hosting server."

In short then if you use Dropship.me to import your images, these will be loaded on your hosts servers and occupy your finite server space. No way around this at this point in time for V1 of Dropship.me

Hope this helps
cleardot.gif

Direct Webstore

I really don't see the need of it anyway. Unless someone is absolutely clueless at searching/filtering products and editing/importing via the Chrome plugin ... which is really quite simple and only takes a few minutes per product. You have to write descriptions for Dropship.me products anyway. The basic product bulleted stats it imports in no way good enough. (I've tried the plugin before)

Still, it may be useful for those who have difficulty in tying their shoelaces ... lol :)

dropshipnow

Yeah I'm a newbie and with you on this one DWS. I think you still need to add value in your descriptions to your targeted market. I don't think just using the auto descriptions with a few bullet points auto generated by dropship.me does much to promote, market and sell your products. In fairness it's a starting point, but you still need to add to enhance your product listing description in some way to make the product appealing enough to buy

Direct Webstore

I think you still need to add value in your descriptions
It's the MOST important part. The specs are the least. You have to tell the customer "why" they need the product and what it can do for them.

Not just ..

-Item: Sliver bracelet
-Length: 12cm
-Weight:5gms

Which is all drop.me does.

Zzzzzzzz

it's a starting point
So is the Chrome extension/Aliexpress.com

Just my personal taste. I have more control doing it the "old fashioned way" lol :)

:)

SugarFlirt

Do you have the right checkboxes ticked for image import in Alidropship>Settings?

So ticking the selection boxes on the left does not work?
Do you have the right checkboxes ticked for image import in Alidropship>Settings?

So ticking the selection boxes on the left does not work?

Yes, I also asked about the server issue and was informed that uploading images to server was the only way the plugin works. However, I did get some guidance on the missing images (1 get more server space (2 completely delete affected items and reload <--- this will NOT further deduct from your import bank.

SugarFlirt

"I've started my website by using Dropship.me plugin to import 4 products. I've noticed that all 4 product photos have appeared in Media Library (all checkpoints for Product Images section are unchecked). As these photos are appearing in the Media Library, does this mean Alidropship Servers are hosting these images and accounted for in my Silver Plan 3GB disc storage?"

"Hello! Dropship.me plugin loads products images not from AliExpress, but from AliDropship company servers. Unfortunately, Dropship.me plugin has no option to obtain only images' links at the moment and it loads products images of uploaded products to a hosting server."

In short then if you use Dropship.me to import your images, these will be loaded on your hosts servers and occupy your finite server space. No way around this at this point in time for V1 of Dropship.me

Hope this helps
cleardot.gif
Correct! I got the same reply. Bummer since I already bought the plugin (bad on me for not researching more). I'm making a stretch on this one but, on the plus-side your images should load faster.

SugarFlirt

I really don't see the need of it anyway. Unless someone is absolutely clueless at searching/filtering products and editing/importing via the Chrome plugin ... which is really quite simple and only takes a few minutes per product. You have to write descriptions for Dropship.me products anyway. The basic product bulleted stats it imports in no way good enough. (I've tried the plugin before)

Still, it may be useful for those who have difficulty in tying their shoelaces ... lol :)

Hope this helps
cleardot.gif
I also found that many of the items imported are from less than desirable sellers. So now I'm weary of what it chooses. Hopefully, improvements are forthcoming because right now I would not recommend the plug-in.
It's the MOST important part. The specs are the least. You have to tell the customer "why" they need the product and what it can do for them.

Not just ..

-Item: Sliver bracelet
-Length: 12cm
-Weight:5gms

Which is all drop.me does.

Zzzzzzzz

So is the Chrome extension/Aliexpress.com

Just my personal taste. I have more control doing it the "old fashioned way" lol :)

:)

Direct Webstore

Yes, I also asked about the server issue and was informed that uploading images to server was the only way the plugin works.

Yes. I just found that out yesterday from another thread. I only tried Drophip.me for a few products when it first came out, then gave up on it. I prefer using the Chrome extension and searching/filtering myself on Aliexpress. Have to edit the descriptions with Dropship.me anyway. I don't see the point of it really.

on the plus-side your images should load faster.

Not really. It makes no difference if the images displayed in your customers browser are loaded from your site or Aliexpress. Unless your site uses a super fast VPS or Cloud hosting...

or a CDN setup ... which hosts images on another site.

SugarFlirt

Yes. I just found that out yesterday from another thread. I only tried Drophip.me for a few products when it first came out, then gave up on it. I prefer using the Chrome extension and searching/filtering myself on Aliexpress. Have to edit the descriptions with Dropship.me anyway. I don't see the point of it really.

Not really. It makes no difference if the images displayed in your customers browser are loaded from your site or Aliexpress. Unless your site uses a super fast VPS or Cloud hosting...

or a CDN setup ... which hosts images on another site.
'nother bummer for me....