domain name ending not with .com

orimond

Hi everyone,

The domain name with .com which I want is all taken.
What is left is ending with
.org
.co
.net
.biz

etc, etc, etc..

Are they also good for dropshipping?

orimond

If it’s an exact keyword domain, .co would be fine. Exact keyword .co domains usually get direct traffic depends on the popularity of the niche.

Hi there, thanks for replying. I read some article saying that .co is not good for direct type in search. So i wanna be more careful as not to waste more money in buying domain name. But if it's ok to use, then i don't mind. Is it ok if i use hyphen for my domain name,
e.g www.cheongsam-luxury.com ?

Findik

Hi there, thanks for replying. I read some article saying that .co is not good for direct type in search. So i wanna be more careful as not to waste more money in buying domain name. But if it's ok to use, then i don't mind. Is it ok if i use hyphen for my domain name,
e.g www.cheongsam-luxury.com ?

I disagree with those articles. What do you mean by “direct type in search”? It’s not about the search; people sometimes go to .co instead of .com(by mistake) and if you have a good looking website they don’t mind going to .com afterall.
I have an Amazon affiliate site called https://uglysweaters.co and it generates about ~$300 every Christmas time all by type in traffic.

I then purchased ugly-sweater.com and forwarded it to my site. In my opinion uglysweaters.co is better than ugly-sweater.com if you consider type in traffic.

I think selling luxury item on a hyphenated domain is not a good idea unless you’re a huge brand.

joesadelin

I think for drop shipping you should go for the .com name or country name because it will be a brand for you in the future. If you want to buy a good domain name with the best hosting package then I will recommend you Name cheap because it will be the cheapest option in the market.