Does the free + shipping option hide its products from storefront?

Beckster

Hi Yaros,

1. I'd like to know that the Free plus shipping option is HIDDEN from the store front...i.e the free plus shipping product being promoted cannot be found in the store.

[Usually this is done easily in Wordpress just by hiding it from view across the site and search, and simply duplicating the original product page - just changing to the price and title to the new promotion and switching the shipping class]...easily done and very effective.

I know we can't duplicate the product, so how does your free plus shipping option work to hide itself from view?

2. Can we add our own customised pages to the store. I need to be able to add landing pages (again easy to do) but I need the critical "search exclude" plugin installed to hide the page from the site. Then I simply build my blank opt in pages / squeeze pages and can pick up the leads and A B test landing pages etc..I use Thrive Leads Content Builder to build the pages and integrates with Wordpress.

This is sort of why I want to stick with Woo - for the flexibility - but if your full plugin accommodates this as well as has the CSV upload option, then I'm willing to go with a customisation package.

Many thanks again for clarification on the flexibility issue with the AliDropship Plugin.

Beckster

Yaros

Staff member
1. There is no any special options for $0+shipping. You can just set zero price for a product and add a shipping option for a particular item. if the price = $0 the plugin also removed shipping information from a product page and shows it only on checkout page.

2. I have not tried adding such pages, so I am not sure how it can be integrated with third-party tools.

Beckster

For the 2nd question, I don't think I was specific enough, I mean:

Can you add a Wordpress Page to the website that is independent from the theme, E.g you can go: Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New Page?

If yes, can you then HIDE that Page from view using the "Search Exclude" plugin installed by wordpress? (I know the Search Exclude plugin doesn't work with your theme), but surely it still works for external pages added? Just need to know that this is possible.

Cheers...

Yaros

Staff member
You can create additional pages, but I am not sure about "Search Exclude" plugin, if it works. I have never used it.