Do you think xmas is affecting your sales , downward ?

I started my store about a month ago and being good with sites/tech and marketing was able to get up and running quite quickly.

I pretty much went straight away for Adwords as I have experience in that and quite quickly within a few days started taking orders and over the next week or two took about 25 orders in total, processed them and they are all on their way or delivered.

Now I find that I haven't taken an order for about a week or so despite continuing Adwords and having very good Click through rates (CTR) of between 1.5% to +30% in some cases on my Ads and creating concise ad groups , but still not buying ?

In essence this means one of a couple of things :

The Adwords is very focussed and functioning well but the customer doesn't like the site or products and so doesn't buy, which wouldn't make much sense as customers have bought before.

Or is it possible that the closer we get to xmas customers think if I order now there is no way I'm getting delivery before xmas so just leave it and I'll go down the high street and get it, after all its not that niche a product (socks).

What do you guys think ? Are you experiencing similar ?

Eric S.

I have been thinking (hoping) the same. Customers look at the delivery times and quickly figure out it won't get delivered before the holiday so they abandon carts. I'm hoping sales start to pick back up after the holiday.