Do not use GoDaddy! Do not make the same mistake + TIP HOST!

TheWayWeWere

Nobody looked at AWS hosting from Amazon? If you are new to there service and sign up for there Micro Server you get 12 months free hosting. Also WP Engine is supposed to be very good for Wordpress.

Who is Alidropships hosting provider for client sites? I currently have mine with yours.

Mar

And how much is the renewal per month after that? Watch out for the small print with offers like that :)
It is very hard to find a hosting service that don't have tricks. I have confronted a lot of them. When you ask about hidden charges and renewal cost, etc. they will say it is stated. You look closer and yes it is but in a very discreet way. Hosting service competition is very intense, they deceive and use every dirty tricks. This is something everybody should be aware and most importantly, check customer reviews.

Arnaldo

Like @Alec said, maybe this option can interest some of you that are pissed by shared hosting companies.

Especially useful for those with lots of plugins and images added to the server.

For no less than 5$/month you can have your own unmanaged VPS and the only limit here is your server CPU and RAM.

And in the perspective of developing multiple ecom sites, adding them on the same server as many advantages cost-wise.

Check Digital Ocean or Linode or Vultr for VPS + Serverpilot or Runcloud or Easy Engine or Centimod for easy install and configuration.

Disclaimer: there is a learning curve, but that can be done quickly. Almost no terminal commands are required here.
Still, you better know what you are doing, because there is no support, you are your own sysadmin here.

Last edited:

pouria

It is very hard to find a hosting service that don't have tricks. I have confronted a lot of them. When you ask about hidden charges and renewal cost, etc. they will say it is stated. You look closer and yes it is but in a very discreet way. Hosting service competition is very intense, they deceive and use every dirty tricks. This is something everybody should be aware and most importantly, check customer reviews.

Check Fastcomet.com
they will renew at the same price you signed up.

Mar

Check Fastcomet.com
they will renew at the same price you signed up.
I have this livechat with Fastcoment sales support. It is one of hosting services that I confronted due to this tricks. The low starting price they advertise is actually for a three year subscription. The shorter the subscription period the more it is expensive, and they have this so called setup fee.You'll have to dig deeper to discover it and when you confront them they will tell you it is there, it is not hidden. This you will assume that there are more you will discover later.

pouria

I have this livechat with Fastcoment sales support. It is one of hosting services that I confronted due to this tricks. The low starting price they advertise is actually for a three year subscription. The shorter the subscription period the more it is expensive, and they have this so called setup fee.You'll have to dig deeper to discover it and when you confront them they will tell you it is there, it is not hidden. This you will assume that there are more you will discover later.
I didn't talk about the price upon registration, as majority use this trick that post low amount on the front and when u want to subscribe u can have that if u do it in long term!

what i meant was, you subscribe for a year! so after a year you want to renew... in most case upon registration they give you 50,60% off and renewal it at their NORMAL COST... but fast comet follow what you pay.
and in most cases i compare, it is actually offering a good price . Plus I am happy with it(SO FAR :D )

Mar

I didn't talk about the price upon registration, as majority use this trick that post low amount on the front and when u want to subscribe u can have that if u do it in long term!

what i meant was, you subscribe for a year! so after a year you want to renew... in most case upon registration they give you 50,60% off and renewal it at their NORMAL COST... but fast comet follow what you pay.
and in most cases i compare, it is actually offering a good price . Plus I am happy with it(SO FAR :D )
Yes, most if them have tricks, but in a different way. Talking about tricks in prices, Namecheap don't have it. Their monthly subscription price is the same as any subscription period until the renewal. They don't have the setup price which is just crazy. This trick of Fastcomet would really piss you off.

pouria

Yes, most if them have tricks, but in a different way. Talking about tricks in prices, Namecheap don't have it. Their monthly subscription price is the same as any subscription period until the renewal. They don't have the setup price which is just crazy. This trick of Fastcomet would really piss you off.

I am not talking about Monthly. cause it's crazy to subscribe for a month, while you can enjoy money back service!
I paid around 70$ for my package last year in Fastcomet and this year they just renew it at the same price. I don't see any trick here :rolleyes:

Mar

I am not talking about Monthly. cause it's crazy to subscribe for a month, while you can enjoy money back service!
I paid around 70$ for my package last year in Fastcomet and this year they just renew it at the same price. I don't see any trick here :rolleyes:
Monthly subscription is crazy in Fastcomet because you will pay a much higher price.

Alec

A
At that price, If you ever want to change look at greengeeks.

At that price , if you are considering moving greengeeks is the way to go. 12 Months of Service: $71.40 (5.95*12) , For their 10$ a month plan paid annually. Supposedly that is a first year promo, but if you tell them you are going to move they will give you that rate when you renew. You have to ask. Free migrations and free cloudflare. Free for 30 days, so you can even ask them to migrate for you, you can speed test using tools.pingdom.com and see if faster or not.

That said, cpanel is very slow even though it is easy to use. Very difficult to get a woocommerce on cpanel faster than 2-3 second load time in tools.pingdom.com for your website url from my past experience.

I could talk about this all night, spent so much time in past looking and searching for hosting.

Tested my website, on cloud hosting vultr digital ocean type. Using tools.pingdom.com

USA Server Location
My Website, not the hosting company url when checking speed. Wordpress + Flatsome Theme, and Nice plugins.

Attachments

• screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-49-52.png
    screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-49-52.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 13
  • screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-50-39.png
    screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-50-39.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 13
  • screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-50-55.png
    screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-50-55.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 9
  • screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-51-09.png
    screenshot-tools.pingdom.com-2018.08.19-23-51-09.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 13
  • screenshot-www.bitcatcha.com-2018.08.20-01-28-03.png
    screenshot-www.bitcatcha.com-2018.08.20-01-28-03.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 11

Direct Webstore

fastcomet.com
IP: 108.178.4.43 WHOIS

Host: Pacific Coast Producers

Well done! Your host's server performance is above average but could be improved.

Not quite good enough for me ... the same as the host I want to change from.

greengeeks.com
IP: 69.175.12.61 WHOIS

Host: nLayer Communications, Inc.

Well done! Your host's server performance is above average but could be improved

Same same ...

namecheap.com
IP: 198.54.117.250 WHOIS

Host: Internet Solutions

Your hosting server speed is below average. Consider changing hosts.

No thanks.

Hostgator is still looking good so far.

Last edited: