Discount on Quantity purchased

SubVigil

Hello,

What I would like to see added to the plugin is the following :

- Discount on quantity purchased.

For example :

A single items costs 7 doller, but when the customers decides to buy two, the cost price is 10 dollar instead of 14.
So they have a discount of 4 dollars. When they buy 3, they only pay 13 dollar, and so on ...

I think this would procure more options then the 'free + shipping' or 'discount + free shipping' options.

Just my 2 cents :)

Yaros

Staff member
The idea is interesting, but I am thinking on how to organise such functionality... We need some kind of formula settings here that a user can create his own discount system. May be you can show me some examples of such plugins/scripts/extensions?

dezigna

Yaros

Staff member
www.storeapps.org/product/smart-offers/
https://apps.shopify.com/fomo
https://apps.shopify.com/smar7-bundle-upsell

I want to be able to market a page on FB and able to run the visitor through a path, let them add or skip etc then checkout. Activate a free shipping coupon when their cart balance exceeds like $50 etc, show them a discount coupon for future purchases after checkout if their spend was over a special amount.

The fomo app for shopify pops live sales in your screen corner.
Thank you, I will take a look!

Renee Hall

Hello,

What I would like to see added to the plugin is the following :

- Discount on quantity purchased.

For example :

A single items costs 7 doller, but when the customers decides to buy two, the cost price is 10 dollar instead of 14.
So they have a discount of 4 dollars. When they buy 3, they only pay 13 dollar, and so on ...

I think this would procure more options then the 'free + shipping' or 'discount + free shipping' options.

Just my 2 cents :)

I see this was posted over a year ago and no change to the discount option has been made. I'd love to see it, too. This is basic bulk quantity discounting to stimulate (and reward) more purchases of a single item type. In particular, I sell a product geared to "friends." So I want 'friends' to buy it for their circle of friends. But I don't want to sell it at the single purchase price, because it would be too expensive. But I also don't want to offer a single % or $ off price, because I want to scale the discounts. The more you buy of this item, the lower the price of the item. So if person is buying 5 of this item for their friends, then they get a bulk quantity discount for buying 5 that would be a slightly higher discount than if they're buying 4 or 3 or 2, each of which would have different discounts applied to them.

Are you still considering expanding the discount options or is this idea already dead?

Thank you.

Renee Hall

Greetings, Yaros.

I used Big Commerce years ago and they have tons of features. They're constantly building up their platform to be robust and competitive. One of the features I did like most was their discount options. So I grabbed a screen shot of the discounts that can be created on their platform. I hope you find it helpful.

Another point I want to add about the AliDropship plug-in discount feature: How do people know there's a discount available? Nothing appears on the product page near the price, which I think it should. There's a lot of white, dead space in the AliDropShip price wrapper where discount information should automatically populate for buyers. I included screen shots of a Woo Commerce Discount Plug-in (which I can't use, because I'm hosted by you), and the price wrapper from the product pages of sites I've shopped that offer bulk discounts. They display discount pricing near the product price automatically.

Thank you.

upload_2017-12-17_12-21-26.png

Attachments

• Untitled-5.gif
    Untitled-5.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled-7.gif
    Untitled-7.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled-9.gif
    Untitled-9.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Greetings, Yaros.

I used Big Commerce years ago and they have tons of features. They're constantly building up their platform to be robust and competitive. One of the features I did like most was their discount options. So I grabbed a screen shot of the discounts that can be created on their platform. I hope you find it helpful.

Another point I want to add about the AliDropship plug-in discount feature: How do people know there's a discount available? Nothing appears on the product page near the price, which I think it should. There's a lot of white, dead space in the AliDropShip price wrapper where discount information should automatically populate for buyers. I included screen shots of a Woo Commerce Discount Plug-in (which I can't use, because I'm hosted by you), and the price wrapper from the product pages of sites I've shopped that offer bulk discounts. They display discount pricing near the product price automatically.

Thank you.

View attachment 2138
Thank you very much for your involvement! Your ideas are appreciated. Bulk discount feature will be introduced in the future.