Default Currency & Default Currency Database

dropshipnow

Hoping an Aussie out there can assist me -

I'm currently in the process of setting up a niche DS store with the principal target market being the USA but also intend selling worldwide. To this end I have obtained a virtual US address and phone number to give store credibility

However being an Australian and having Australian registered Stripe & Paypal ac's I believe in General Settings I will need to set are as follows -

DEFAULT CURRENCY in "US Dollar ($)"
DEFAULT DATABASE CURRENCY in "Australian dollar ($)"

Can anyone confirm this is correct?

I also have nominated Express Paypal as my checkout
I have assumed I would set as my DEFAULT DATABASE CURRENCY in "Australian dollar ($)" as this is the currency my Australian Stripe & Paypal accounts are registered in.

I have contacted Alidropship about this issue but unfortunately as they are based in Russia without registered Australian Paypal & Stripe accounts, their response to me was ambiguous

Hoping an Aussie out there may assist

Cheers

Polly

Hello, just wondering if you found a solution to this or any tips on what you found works best?

Thanks
Polly

Georgy

Hello, just wondering if you found a solution to this or any tips on what you found works best?

Thanks
Polly
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Better to use the same currencies - Default DataBase, Default Website, AliExpress. Best regards, George

Polly

Th
Hello! Thank you for reaching out. Better to use the same currencies - Default DataBase, Default Website, AliExpress. Best regards, George

Thanks George, so does that mean our payment gateway and PayPal should be set to that same currency as well ?

We are based in Australia but supply to US, Canada, UK and Australia.

ideally we’d like AUD for our default currency. What is your recommendationseen mixed reviews whether ok to set to own currency or leave as US?

Thanks
Polly

Georgy

Th

Thanks George, so does that mean our payment gateway and PayPal should be set to that same currency as well ?

We are based in Australia but supply to US, Canada, UK and Australia.

ideally we’d like AUD for our default currency. What is your recommendationseen mixed reviews whether ok to set to own currency or leave as US?

Thanks
Polly
Hello! You can set all AUD, and actually, you can set any currencies, but it can be unclear. With all the same currencies you will avoid excess conversions. Best regards, George