DaVinci Categories menu on Category Page ... messy

Is it possible to clean up the DaVinci Categories Menu on the Category Page?

Unlike the other menus there appears to be no way to control ordering or selecting what shows and what doesn't.
Or to perhaps make it go away entirely if nothing else is possible.
It's messy.
Best would be per-category menu layouts. That would make all kinds of great things possible. But that's probably pushing my luck ... :)

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks again to the AliDropShip team for a great product.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Is it possible to clean up the DaVinci Categories Menu on the Category Page?

Unlike the other menus there appears to be no way to control ordering or selecting what shows and what doesn't.
Or to perhaps make it go away entirely if nothing else is possible.
It's messy.
Best would be per-category menu layouts. That would make all kinds of great things possible. But that's probably pushing my luck ... :)

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks again to the AliDropShip team for a great product.
Would you like to hide you subcategories on the Category Page?

Thanks for your response, Ekaterina,

Full control of the menu like the Main Menu would be nice.
Changing the order of categories is most important. Ability to leave some categories out would be very helpful too. Not just subcategories.
Separate menus per category would be great!
Having that kind of control would be wonderful.

Thanks

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Changing the order of categories is most important. Ability to leave some categories out would be very helpful too. Not just subcategories.

Thanks
Richard, these changes can be done in the code. Please pm me your WP access details and explain in a detailed way what exactly should be changed.

Mar

Thanks
I am using Davinci theme. It depend on how you setup your menu, in fact all you said here can be done in the menu page without changing codes.

I am using Davinci theme. It depend on how you setup your menu, in fact all you said here can be done in the menu page without changing codes.

Okay.

Even different Categories menus per each Category page?

The Categories menu on DaVinci's Category pages seems rather dumb and unalterable unlike the Main menu.

Example Category page with funky Categories menu:

http://davinci.alidropship.com/jewelry/

DaVinci will let you create new menus. But it seems to have a limited number of places it will allow you to place them. Can you create more menu Display locations somehow?
If you go to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations ... it states the theme supports 5 menus. And it allows you to fiddle with menus going to those specific locations. Only. No facility to create new menu LOCATIONS seems to be provided.
The Categories menu on each Category page is not one of the 5 magic menu locations provided for by DaVinci. And the menu that shows up there is plain and funky and apparently not adjustable.

Please show me I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Direct Webstore

I haven't tried this ... but it may be of interest to you.

Customization / General ...

1. Tick the box.
Short sub-category menu:
Show not all sub-categories

2. Save

This may hide the sub-categories on the category page menus. Try it.

CpWz_002.jpg

Mar

Okay.

Even different Categories menus per each Category page?

The Categories menu on DaVinci's Category pages seems rather dumb and unalterable unlike the Main menu.

Example Category page with funky Categories menu:

http://davinci.alidropship.com/jewelry/

DaVinci will let you create new menus. But it seems to have a limited number of places it will allow you to place them. Can you create more menu Display locations somehow?
If you go to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations ... it states the theme supports 5 menus. And it allows you to fiddle with menus going to those specific locations. Only. No facility to create new menu LOCATIONS seems to be provided.
The Categories menu on each Category page is not one of the 5 magic menu locations provided for by DaVinci. And the menu that shows up there is plain and funky and apparently not adjustable.

Please show me I'm wrong.

Thank you.
You maybe right. I have tried many themes in the past, even the most perfect theme is not perfect. Sometimes we just have to work with what the theme is capable, especially Alidropship themes that is hard coded.

justicel

css and little coding did the trick ...
as you said Mar - this is all hard coded and if product categories are done correctly in a hierarchy (main, sub, sub-sub etc) in menu - it comes out like that

Last edited:

justicel

yes takes while for me to work it out but mainly just css (and a couple of php files for category and breadcrumbs)

Last edited:
Is there no way to paste a full-fledged Alidropship menu location in there, so you have the nice controls afforded all the other menus in the theme?
Seems like a surprising oversight. And like an easily fixable one for the developers. They've got all the code ready to call ... just add one more menu location.

Thanks.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Is there no way to paste a full-fledged Alidropship menu location in there, so you have the nice controls afforded all the other menus in the theme?
Seems like a surprising oversight. And like an easily fixable one for the developers. They've got all the code ready to call ... just add one more menu location.

Thanks.
Richard, menu settings have been developed by WordPress.

justicel

with my menus - I added product categories in the same structure as the menu, then add them all to the menu structure
what makes if look cool is CSS ...
For my main menu I use mega menu plugin (plus some coding) and that made it all work

Nice menu. Need a good developer to have that in Davinci.
I think that Alidropship theme developer should enhance the free theme and note focus on the paid one, because all the newbies stat building them store with the free one and can't swap to the paid one.