Database size

Skay18

Hello,recently the size of my MySQL Database has been increasing unnecessarily and I was told it is caused by AliDropship plugin table, which contains logs generated by the plugin. I need information on how the size of this table can be reduced and how to prevent it from increasing further. Thank you.

roozbehk

Hello,recently the size of my MySQL Database has been increasing unnecessarily and I was told it is caused by AliDropship plugin table, which contains logs generated by the plugin. I need information on how the size of this table can be reduced and how to prevent it from increasing further. Thank you.
go to alidropship plugin ---> report ---> activity list. choose a date range and delete the activities you want or hit the delete all. it would delete all the logs in database. i didnt find anything to stop logging. so you must get use to it

elishwats

I think you should go to the alidropship plugin, click on the report, and then on the activity list. Choose a date range and delete the activities you want. It would delete all the logs in the database. But this is not precisely information, so I could be wrong. You should start looking for a good SQL server tho. From personal experience, they have numerous teams, so no matter the issues, at least one of them will help you. I needed some database analyzers, so I called this database diagram tool . I can only tell that I called them again for the other 3 issues.

Hunterman

If the size of the AliDropship plugin table in your MySQL database is increasing unnecessarily due to logs generated by the plugin, you can take the following steps to reduce its size and prevent further growth:
Identify the logs that are no longer needed for your purposes and delete them from the table. Analyze the log data and determine which records are essential for your analysis, troubleshooting, or reporting. Create a backup of the table before performing any deletion operations to ensure you can restore the data if needed.
Instead of storing an unlimited number of logs indefinitely, implement a log rotation mechanism. Define a retention period or a maximum number of logs to keep in the table. Regularly remove old or unnecessary logs beyond the defined retention period or limit. You can automate this process using scheduled tasks or cron jobs to run SQL statements that delete the expired logs.
If you need to retain logs for a longer period but want to reduce the size of the table, consider archiving older logs to a separate table or a different database. Create a separate archive table or a database specifically for storing historical logs. Move the logs that are no longer actively used from the main table to the archive. This approach helps keep the active table small and manageable while preserving the historical data for future reference.
Review the table structure and optimize it for efficient storage and retrieval. Ensure that the table has appropriate indexes on the columns used for filtering or searching the logs. Indexing can significantly improve the performance of queries on the table. However, be cautious with excessive indexing, as it can impact insert/update performance.
Monitor the queries executed against the table and optimize them for better performance and reduced resource usage. Analyze the query execution plans and identify any queries that are causing significant table scans or resource-intensive operations. Optimize those queries by adding appropriate indexes, rewriting them, or using more efficient SQL constructs.
Evaluate the logging settings of the AliDropship plugin itself. Check if there are options to adjust the verbosity or the frequency of log generation. Consider reducing the level of detail or the frequency of log entries to minimize the amount of data being generated and stored.
Use also Delphi Data Components to find the error. Remember to perform thorough testing and make backups before making any changes to your database to avoid potential data loss or corruption.

Last edited: