Da Vinci Theme update problem

Direct Webstore

Just applied the latest theme update and the currency dropdown link has moved down a line, placing it under the phone number. See pic. It's screwing up the look. Don't worry about the Skype link ... it was the same before with the phone number there.

But in the header.php file I noticed something new in between the phone number and the currency dropdown ... a new div for a "login button" But there is no login button appearing anywhere. Is it for a login button planned for another future update? What do we need a login button for anyway? Can I just delete this new div? it looks terrible. makes the upper header taller than it needs to be.

<div class="login-line">
<?php dav_login_button();?>
</div>

currency.jpg

EDIT .. Just noticed there's a login buton in the old header.php (<span><?php dav_login_button();?></span>) ... but it's further down the page. Is it something left over from earlier versions or something?

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Just noticed another problem ... all my custom images were replaced by the stock ones too. I just made new images with the same name and uploaded them via FTP. So I guess I have to give them different names and upload them the slower way via the WP control panel to the "Uploads" folder ... right?

Also ... there are many small images and icons I changed that I can't change via the control panel ... I guess I'll have to download any future theme updates, unzip it, remove all the images, rezip ... then install, right? Or am I missing something and there's an easier way to handle it?

Last edited:

waterlion

Also, changing the currency, redirects you back to the home page (from your current page) - another broken element.

Direct Webstore

Use a child theme for your customizations.

Actually, I'll scrap that idea. I'm already using a 3rd party CSS manager... so my CSS modifications don't change. My problem is with the images and the effort involved in getting a child theme to handle that is not worth it. I'd have re-write the path to EVERY single image/icon in the theme.

I think I'll stick to my original idea and just remove the images from an updated theme package before installing it ... or reupload via FTP the entire "img" folder when the theme updates. Only takes 30 seconds to upload it.

Direct Webstore

Got it all sorted now .. upper header back to normal and the "Register" link has suddenly decided to show itself at last.

Last edited: