currency switcher. Default currency in checkout

pearstar

Hello,

Is it possible to accept multiple currencies in the checkout? I am currently accepting USD(default) + eur + pound. However at checkout it shows USD prices (using alidropship woo)

Arnaldo

Hi, Pear(p0rn)Star! Yes, it's possible but as far as I know only with an external plugin like Currency Switcher by Algoritmika.

It has this option to revert or not currency chosen by the customer at checkout.

Hope that helps!

ChrisMX

Hello Support Team,

sorry, it makes no sense that the currency at the checkout swiched back to the "default" currency of the site.

If someone is from Canada and changed the currency of the website to CAD, so he will pay with CAD and not with USD etc.

Please can you change this.

Christina

Administrator
Hello Support Team,

sorry, it makes no sense that the currency at the checkout swiched back to the "default" currency of the site.

If someone is from Canada and changed the currency of the website to CAD, so he will pay with CAD and not with USD etc.

Hello, ChrisMX!

We can't change this option, unfortunately, because that's how WooCommerce works, not our plugin.

ChrisMX

Hello, ChrisMX!

We can't change this option, unfortunately, because that's how WooCommerce works, not our plugin.

Sorry Christina, it is working. Please check the Plugin "Currency Switcher by Algoritmika". What is the problem for the alidrop plugin?

Mar

Hello Support Team,

You have seen the price in the currency of your choice before the checkout. The price in the checkout is the equivalent in USD. You pay in USD or Canadian dollar, it will be converted and the result is the same. I can't understand what is the problem.

Christina

Administrator
Sorry Christina, it is working. Please check the Plugin "Currency Switcher by Algoritmika". What is the problem for the alidrop plugin?

I mean the built-in currency switcher, it works in the way you've described - it converts prices to the default currency in checkout page.
If you use Currency Switcher for WooCommerce by Algoritmika, please don't forget to disable the built-in currency switcher.

ChrisMX

You have seen the price in the currency of your choice before the checkout. The price in the checkout is the equivalent in USD. You pay in USD or Canadian dollar, it will be converted and the result is the same. I can't understand what is the problem.

Why do not understand what is the problem is? If I change (as a customer) my currency while visiting the website, then I would like to see MY currency ALSO on the checkout page and not the default currency from the website. This swich back can prevent the customer from the purchase and is definetly not customer friendly.

ChrisMX

I mean the built-in currency switcher, it works in the way you've described - it converts prices to the default currency in checkout page.
If you use Currency Switcher for WooCommerce by Algoritmika, please don't forget to disable the built-in currency switcher.

Ok, you mean the built-in currency switcher from your alidropship plugin can not hold the customer currency on the last checkout page? This is not really customer friendly.

It seems that only the "Currency Switcher for WooCommerce by Algoritmika" can do this. Please check the code from the Algoritmika plugin. It looks like that it is possible to build this customer friendly option in.

Mar

Why do not understand what is the problem is? If I change (as a customer) my currency while visiting the website, then I would like to see MY currency ALSO on the checkout page and not the default currency from the website. This swich back can prevent the customer from the purchase and is definetly not customer friendly.
When a customer switched the currency in the Currency Switcher, he will see the price of the product in that currency. The USD currency in the checkout page is the equivalent of the other currency that he saw earlier. I cannot understand where is the problem, why is it not customer friendly?

ChrisMX

When a customer switched the currency in the Currency Switcher, he will see the price of the product in that currency. The USD currency in the checkout page is the equivalent of the other currency that he saw earlier. I cannot understand where is the problem, why is it not customer friendly?

As a customer I will not see an equivalent of my currency in the checkout page. I want to see my currency again before I click the button. It is quite simple.

You can still have a different opinion again, but it's generally not customer friendly.
The customer can jump off because of this currency change.

Mar

As a customer I will not see an equivalent of my currency in the checkout page. I want to see my currency again before I click the button. It is quite simple.

You can still have a different opinion again, but it's generally not customer friendly.
The customer can jump off because of this currency change.
The customer saw the price of the product in the currency of his choice before he decided to checkout and that is what matter. He will see USD currency in the checkout page and very very very well understand that it is the price of the product in USD. Why is it not customer friendly? If I am the customer I would not care a bit.

ChrisMX

The customer saw the price of the product in the currency of his choice before he decided to checkout and that is what matter. He will see USD currency in the checkout page and very very very well understand that it is the price of the product in USD. Why is it not customer friendly? If I am the customer I would not care a bit.

"...and very very very well understand..."

Unfortunately, not all customers think like you do.

We are 5 people here in our office and we have been working in marketing and sales for decades. Everyone agrees:

The customer must be guided through the whole sales process and "possibly without any interruptions". An auto currency change on the last page is definitely a possible break in the process. That's like stumbling. This is a 50/50 chance to lose the customer.

So your answer is not helpful. You can stay with your opinion again, but we (and the most people who want make money) do NOT only want a 50/50 chance.

We do not need to discuss this further.

Mar

"...and very very very well understand..."

Unfortunately, not all customers think like you do.

We are 5 people here in our office and we have been working in marketing and sales for decades. Everyone agrees:

The customer must be guided through the whole sales process and "possibly without any interruptions". An auto currency change on the last page is definitely a possible break in the process. That's like stumbling. This is a 50/50 chance to lose the customer.

So your answer is not helpful. You can stay with your opinion again, but we (and the most people who want make money) do NOT only want a 50/50 chance.

We do not need to discuss this further.
It is not most people who want to make money. In fact only you is making it a big deal.

ChrisMX

It is not most people who want to make money. In fact only you is making it a big deal.

It is a big deal also for other people here. Have you read the thread from the beginning?
OTHER people also do not understand this currency change. And OTHER people have found an solution with an OTHER plugin.

But why it is not also possible with the alidrop plugin? That's a question for the programmers.

And if you can not answer that, please leave it. Thats makes no sense. It is only time-consuming to discus it.

I will go over to my daily business now.

And the last words goes to... ...sorry, I hope from the programmer.

Mika

Great improvement would be, that customer will see at the checkout page the total price converted to his selected currency with short notice that actual transaction will happen in USD/store default currency. That should be easy to add option, and it will help eliminate possible confusion. You don't need to change the checkout process, it still could be done in default currency.

I have to agree, that if I choose EUR... and at checkout page shows only USD... that's confusion for customer. Just please add to checkout page the notice with conversion in selected currency. Now customer understands what is happening. It solves the problem quite much?

pearstar

It is funny how moderator loses her/his control over this.

As I understand at the moment the only option is to get another plugin. There are two that serve the purpose
1) Currency Switcher for WooCommerce by Algoritmika
2) Woocommerce Multi Currency - from codecanyon

I was just hoping I do not need additional plugin, but thats ok. I'll live.