cURL error 35

Pattie Barnett

I cannot validate my AlipDropship for Woo plugin. I keep getting the following message. cURL error 35, gnutls_handshake() failed. a TLS fatal alert was received. My hosting technicians think it is a problem with the plugin and not with their servers.
Please help.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I cannot validate my AlipDropship for Woo plugin. I keep getting the following message. cURL error 35, gnutls_handshake() failed. a TLS fatal alert was received. My hosting technicians think it is a problem with the plugin and not with their servers.
Please help.
Hello, cURL error is Hosting error , because request doesn't go through your Hosting , it couldn't be error of plugin.

Ferb

excuse me Victoria when you say request doesn't go through your Hosting, do you mean the hosting server or provider needs to firsr provide permission first?
Please help I unable to activate the plugin no matter what I do

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
excuse me Victoria when you say request doesn't go through your Hosting, do you mean the hosting server or provider needs to firsr provide permission first?
Please help I unable to activate the plugin no matter what I do

There might be three reasons why your add-on license cannot be activated:

1. Your cURL is outdated. You might have got this error when trying to activate your add-on license: “Could not connection. cURL error 35: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received“. Get in touch with your host’s support team with the request to update their cURL library to the latest version.

2. There is no open incoming connection available on your server. To resolve the issue, request your host’s support to allow open incoming connection for your website.

3. Your WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) do not match. Make sure they are the same as your current domain name (WP Dashboard => Settings => General).

adilmrk93

Hi, I have having the same problem with my ipage hosting when trying to activate the plugin (cURL error 35, gnutls_handshake() failed. a TLS fatal alert was received)

When I contacted them they said that the default version is cURL 7.22.0 and that I cannot upgrade it.
Did anyone found a solution yet for this ?

My client has same issue - Hosted at iPage. Started in November/December. Auto Post Notifications not going out.

Using Mailpoet. No previous issue. Checking with plugin WP Crontrol. (Tools/Cron Events) Error message appears
"While trying to spawn a call to the WP-Cron system, the following error occurred:
cURL error 35: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received."

Talking to their support - very nice and hopefully fixed today as per their customer service. If not, discussed moving website to a different server. I have other clients with iPage, using Mailpoet and no issues/no cURL errors.

Don't know if this would help but customer support said yes. Makes sense but what does that got to do with anything. lol!