Creating unique attribute sets for each product at import

riftgreen

Developers, could you please let us have the option in the Alidropship Woo plugin so that every time we import a product, that product receives a new unique set of attributes in the back end?

Here is my situation:
Let's say in Aliexpress the first product is "Bracelet" with the only Attribute "Color" and options "Black", "White", "Red".
Let's say the second product is "Necklace" with the only Attribute "Color" and options "Black", "Green", "Orange".

If I import both of these products one after the other, in the Wordpress back-end Attributes page I will see this structure, "Color": ("Black", "White", "Red", "Green", "Orange")

This means that it's practically a union of sets ("Black", "White", "Red") and ("Black", "Green", "Orange").

However, this means that if I change the front-end text for "Black" to "Midnight Black" because it looks nicer on the product page for "Bracelet", this change will also be shown on the attribute "Necklace". This is an issue for me, because I don't want them referencing the same value, maybe I want one "Midnight Black" and the other one simply staying "Black".

My current makeshift solution is that, whenever I import a Product that has attribute "Color", and I already know that I have imported products with attribute "Color" in my system, in the import edit pop-up box that you get in Aliexpress I change the attribute name from "Color" into "Color 12345" or some other unique name.

This makes sure that a new unique slug is created when I import the new product. And I can quickly change "Color 12345" back into "Color", so that in the front-end, it looks nice. But this gives me the possibility to have two different "Blacks" like I explained above, for example.

However, the point when my makeshift solution fails is if I want to reset a product. Then the original attribute names are inserted into the system, so I lose the distinction... When we import a product from Aliexpress, we can choose custom Attribute names and term names, but when we reset a product inside the product page, there is no possibility to choose custom attribute names or term names.

Below is a visual representation of my ideal scenario, with 2 different and unique "Color" attributes being created, and I can safely change a term that originally exists in both products while only effecting the one I want. BY THE WAY the way I keep track of different attributes (how do you know which Black is for which product) is by putting the SKU inside the "Description" field of terms like "Black", so the Alidropship plugin could also make use of this.

EDIT: I also realized that the Alidropship plugin does not delete the attributes when you delete a product.

attributes2.png

Last edited: