Creating a Website Question

Terrilyn Irizarry

I am about to create a website for our store. I wanted to know your opinion first:
1. Should I start off first creating a website with wordpress.com first then purchase the Alidropship Plugin and Aliexpress hosting packages?

2. If I do create the website through wordpress.com can I integrate it into the Alidropship Plugin?

The reason why I ask is because , I want more freedom to format the webstore differently than the Alidropship themes available.

Thank you

Direct Webstore

The reason why I ask is because , I want more freedom to format the webstore differently than the Alidropship themes available.

In that case ... you better use the Woo Commerce Alidropship plugin.

I'd do this...

1. Get the Hosting
2. Install WP and Woo Commerce
3. Install a Woo theme you like
4. Install the Alidropship Woo Plugin

But be warned ... there is a bit of a learning curve with Woo Commerce. The normal plugin is much easier to set up.

Jess

I did exactly as mentioned above. My Host was great though as i wasn't too familiar with Woocommerce so the guy ended up setting up everything for me. He installed Wordpress, installed Woocommerce, installed my theme and i then installed the plugin.

And Direct Webstore is right, it did take me a bit to figure out Woocommerce but after setting up the initial settings and then my first product, it was pretty easy. Tons of plugins available to add all kinds of functionality.

Terrilyn Irizarry

Thank you, Jess for your imput. I'm planning on going with Aliexpress hosting. Does anyone have any imput about hosting with Ali? I feel it will beeasier for me to get everything done through Ali. Thanks in advance.

Direct Webstore

Does anyone have any imput about hosting with Ali?

I'm using the Silver Plan with Ali. No problems so far. But the big selling point is the free SSL. You can pay a lot for that elsewhere. I bought my domain name/s from Namecheap.com. Then you need to transfer it to Alidropship hosting. Just ask support for help with that if you need it.

A lot of people recommend GoDaddy for domain names ... but I've read so many bad reviews about them over the years, I went with "NameCheap". No problems with them so far. :)

Jess

I'll post what i always say when someone asks about hosting. "What ever you do, in the end stay away from any E.I.G owned web host". (google for more info)

Also don't fall for the "unlimited" term. 24 hour support with under 1 hour response time is also very important in my book.