Creating a Store For The Spanish Market [SOLVED]

omktg

Hey guys,

I am new here. and before starting to build my store, I began to read everything I could about the platform (AliDropship), and especially everything i could find in the forum, like payment gateways, methods of promotion, niches.

I decided that i would like to build more than 1 store, and i want to build one of them for the Spanish Market.

So i contacted support, and they gave me access to Glotpress... days later... the spanish version of the AliDropship Plugin was ready for review there.

Now, I also need to translate the Themes... it's not difficult at all.

But i would like to know, if this is completely necessary? Should i translate everything? or can I build a store for the spanish market (with, products, pages, descriptions, etc) without doing it?

Because we can translate every single product image and description for that right? we can also set all legal pages and blogs in spanish if we want it right? There is no need to have our back office (WP Dashboard) in Spanish, because we already speak english.

The only problem i see, is with payments, and pages for which the buyer must go through in order to make a purchase, PLUS the emails those spanish Speaking buyers will receive from us (They must be in spanish too).

So the questions are:
Should i translate everything (the themes, because i already finished with the plugin)
OR
Is there a way to build the store without doing this?

Hope you can help me with this.

P.S. I already contacted support when i finished translating the plugin, but they told me it will be available for the next plugin update... and for the themes, they do not know when the next update will be, so they can not give any specific date.

Last edited:

Wanar

I think it's a good idea to translate the themes also, not just for you, but for the Spanish people who don't speak English at all and want to purchase the plugin.
Felicitaciones, fabuloso trabajo!!

omktg

Hey Guys,

Just finished translating all the Themes (the 3 of them) into spanish.
Davinci
Michelangelo
Rembrandt

The main problem while doing it, was that they all have a lot of the same text fields, and it was repetitive to do the same thing for the 3 of them. Maybe @Yaros or @Victoria Kudryashova can find a way to merge all this in a single file/list for translations.

Also, another problem is that there were already some fields translated... and some of them were not that good, so i had to fix them, and suggest a new translation. But again, it could be much easier if they are all merged into a single file/list because each theme has like 500 fields for translation.

So, thats all guys, now all the Themes are waiting for review/approval.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hey Guys,

Just finished translating all the Themes (the 3 of them) into spanish.
Davinci
Michelangelo
Rembrandt

The main problem while doing it, was that they all have a lot of the same text fields, and it was repetitive to do the same thing for the 3 of them. Maybe @Yaros or @Victoria Kudryashova can find a way to merge all this in a single file/list for translations.

Also, another problem is that there were already some fields translated... and some of them were not that good, so i had to fix them, and suggest a new translation. But again, it could be much easier if they are all merged into a single file/list because each theme has like 500 fields for translation.

So, thats all guys, now all the Themes are waiting for review/approval.
This translation will be available with the next theme update.