Chrome extension and variations name problem

Jur

When i use the edit function in the chrome extension, we are able to rename the variations.
But when do so, the automatic order is not working , i get the message variations not found.

Its not found, because i changed the variations name. SO the variation name does not match the variations name in aliexpress.

I suggest in the backend USE the original variations name, and in front end use the "new name" . Then automatic orders will always work.

I use woocommerce plugin and chrome extension on multiple websites ( i have bought multiple plugins)

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
When i use the edit function in the chrome extension, we are able to rename the variations.
But when do so, the automatic order is not working , i get the message variations not found.

Its not found, because i changed the variations name. SO the variation name does not match the variations name in aliexpress.

I suggest in the backend USE the original variations name, and in front end use the "new name" . Then automatic orders will always work.

I use woocommerce plugin and chrome extension on multiple websites ( i have bought multiple plugins)
We will find a solution how to solve this in a future.

Jur

Hope you can do it fast, as now everything has to be ordered manually, and its easy to make a mistake if things are done manually. That's why we have computers ;-)

Dominik

What?
So what is the purpose of translating the plugin, theme and creating whole site in your language when you can't change the name of the variation... because auto order won't work.

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
What?
So what is the purpose of translating the plugin, theme and creating whole site in your language when you can't change the name of the variation... because auto order won't work.
Hello Dominik,

You can import the variations in a language you need by choosing this language on AliExpress. Product's title, description and variations will be imported in a language that you've chosen. This way you wouldn't have to change the variations too much.

Best regards,
Igor

Jur

Many suppliers use strange names like
ZG64832
ZB34762
FG76438
TF234987

This is very strange in a dropdown menu for a customer to select.
But is i change the names to
Grey-Blue
Grey-Black
Grey-Pink etc.

the variation is not found during order.

Dominik

Hello Dominik,

You can import the variations in a language you need by choosing this language on AliExpress. Product's title, description and variations will be imported in a language that you've chosen. This way you wouldn't have to change the variations too much.

Best regards,
Igor

Thank you Igor, very helpful answer. But Jur is also right. Sometimes variations have to be changed cause they look awful.

Vaclav

Hello,

I am also owner of Alidropship license and I must say I love it, only one thing is still not as good as it could be and that's the thing with variation names. I really need to rename variations as my supplier uses really strange names which doesn't look much professional.

However, I think that the solution is not very difficult. Why don't you just add one extra field for each variation (which would serve as a label visible only in frontend)? The other field would be still used when auto-ordering.

Regards,
Vaclav

nenene

I agree, there must be an easier way to bond products with Aliexpress again after you rename the variations.