Change the name of an attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccocham

Please, how to change the name of an attribute after import(not in progress import) for a specific existing product ?
The basic method is Products -> Attributes but this will change the attribute for all products.
for my case I have a product that has the "Color" attribute but logically it must be "Comb" for this product.
so how to change it for this product?
if it is impossible graphically by wordpress, please share with us the method with phpmyadmin (sql)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

The basic method is Products -> Attributes but this will change the attribute for all products.
No. That is not the basic method to edit an atribute of a single product. You edit it by editing the particular individual product in it's Attributes section.

I have a product that has the "Color" attribute but logically it must be "Comb" for this product.
That's not logical at all. A "comb" is a product, not an attribute. Attributes are extra information about the "product", in this case, a "comb". The attributes concerning a comb could be it's "Brand" (CoolComb Company), "Dimensions" (6cmx1.5cm), "Type of product" (hair care), "Age group" (All) and maybe even "Colour" (Red?)

So not sure what you are talking about.

roccocham

No. That is not the basic method to edit an atribute of a single product. You edit it by editing the particular individual product in it's Attributes section.

That's not logical at all. A "comb" is a product, not an attribute. Attributes are extra information about the "product", in this case, a "comb". The attributes concerning a comb could be it's "Brand" (CoolComb Company), "Dimensions" (6cmx1.5cm), "Type of product" (hair care), "Age group" (All) and maybe even "Colour" (Red?)

So not sure what you are talking about.
I mean type of comb, how can i editing the particular individual product in it's Attributes section ?

Attachments

• 1Sans titre.png
    1Sans titre.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 14

Direct Webstore

But if you want an easy quick fix, simply delete the product then do a search for this particular comb on Aliexpress and find another seller who has filled out his product details correctly, then import that one. Done.

Direct Webstore

I looked elsewhere and I solved my problem with javascript.

A bit hard to believe you are changing the name of a single attribute of a single product with javascript (without a link to this "elsewhere") and even if true it would be a bit of an overkill to bog your site down with an additional javascript for the sake of ONE product when you can simply do this ...
simply delete the product then do a search for this particular comb on Aliexpress and find another seller who has filled out his product details correctly, then import that one.

It's like using a chainsaw to cut a slice of bread. Sounds like rubbish to me.

But whatever turns you on. Good luck.

;)

Last edited:

chris37

You would really be wondering how a javascript solved the problem.

No my wondering is not with JavaScript,but I am curious if is broke the connection with aliexpress . (possible is broke :) but what do I know I am just a member ) ;)

Direct Webstore

chris37

???

I seriously doubt it. Actually, just make that a plain, "No".

We all are, including @Mar. It's a "Members Forum".

;)

This issue is
???

I seriously doubt it. Actually, just make that a plain, "No".

We all are, including @Mar. It's a "Members Forum".

;)

Are you serious now all of us we are member here ? :) I didn't know that before your explanation. Thank you :)
Maybe I was not clear enough because english is not my first language. I was mean I am just a simple user member of
This forum. We need a staf member for clarify this about the broken connection,Or the member who already do that and see everything work normal in his end (autoupdate price,stock and automatic order).

Direct Webstore

Are you serious now all of us we are member here ?
Well not exactly all, the occasional Admin shows up here and there. But in this particular thread, yes, we are all members here plus one volunteer unpaid moderator/member.

I am just a simple user member
OK. You're a "simple" member. Fair enough. Everyone else here are just "normal" members except for one who is also a volunteer moderator.

We need a staf member for clarify this about the broken connection
It not caused by a "broken connection".

Or the member who already do that and see everything work normal in his end (autoupdate price,stock and automatic order).
PM the member and ask him. (Click his avatar/pic, click "Start Conversation"). Good luck with that because I don't believe he used "javascript" to change the name of a single Attribute of a single product. The very idea is ridiculous.

If the above is not acceptable to you ... write to support@alidropship.com and ask them ...

1. "How can I change the name of a single attribute for a single product with javascript?".

2. "Would a broken connection cause an Attribute to be "re-named" something different from what it was originally named?"

Please post their reply here ... it should be good for a laugh. ;)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

What about broken connection? He speak about change name of attribute..that alone can broke the connection with aliexpress for the specific product.
That IS NOT his problem. He DID NOT change the name of the Attribute ... but he WANTS to. Please re-read the OPs first post. You are confused as to what this thread is actually about. It is NOT about "attribute name changes breaking any connections". There are other threads about that already. Please use the search box above if you are interested in that. And IF he changes the name by whatever means and it causes problems with the product updating (your "broken connections"), which is quite likely, then we will soon be seeing another confused thread posted by him.

Use JavaScript? I really want to know how he did it
PM the member and ask him....

Bye Bye, Chriss Chris.

I wish I was a moderator so I could close this totally stupid thread. lol ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.