Change photo Reviews size

nenene

Hello, I'm trying to achieve the first look, but even with photos on my Server (not aliexpress) I only get the 2nd result:
It would be great if you can also change the default for photos loading from Aliexpress.
I'm using the same Woocommerce plugin that produces this review pages:
(Woocommerce Photo reviews plugin)
https://new2new.com/?item=woocommerce-photo-reviews

Does Alidropship force the 50*50 resolution on review images? Can I change it?

I didn't find an option to change that in Wordpress, Woocommerce or somewhere else.

Attachments

• photo_reviews_1.jpg
    photo_reviews_1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 21
  • photo_reviews_2.jpg
    photo_reviews_2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

nenene

It's the theme, try choosing a theme that allows you to show the images in full size
Digging further, the theme author when asked about photo reviews, he states that someone would need to use another plugin to use this functionality.
So maybe the size is set by Alidropship rather than the theme?
@Yaros can we set the thumbnail size of Aliexpress photo reviews, emulating the result of "Reviews page" plugin?

Georgy

So maybe the size is set by Alidropship rather than the theme?
Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in option to set the thumbnail size of review photos in the way you want.
1) You can try to use custom CSS
2) Or you can try our 'Reviews Page' add-on

Feel free to ask any further questions.

nenene

Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in option to set the thumbnail size of review photos in the way you want.
1) You can try to use custom CSS
2) Or you can try our 'Reviews Page' add-on

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Thank you for the reply.

1) I'm afraid this only be done with the photos hosted on my server (I've done it with css), not with the Aliexpress hosted photos.
2) Does the plugin also resize the photos like the Plugin banner photo suggests, or are they still small like the default woo style?
3)Is there a way to transfer the photo reviews from Aliexpress to my server in bulk?

Last edited:

chris37

)Is there a way to transfer the photo reviews from Aliexpress to my server in bulk?

AliDropship => Import => Import Reviews.

Check: upload image to the server

Then apply your css how you already done.

Καλή τύχη, αν θέλεις μας ενημερωσε αν δουλεύει.

BaB

Hello, I'm trying to achieve the first look, but even with photos on my Server (not aliexpress) I only get the 2nd result:
If you use the Flatsome theme and plugin you specified, try this CSS code:
div#review_form_wrapper.large-5.col {
max-width:100%;
flex-basis:100%;
}

div#comments.col.large-7 {
}

div.accordion-inner {
padding-top: 1em;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 1em;
padding-left: 5px;
}

nenene

If you use the Flatsome theme and plugin you specified, try this CSS code:
div#review_form_wrapper.large-5.col {
}

div#comments.col.large-7 {
}

div.accordion-inner {
padding-top: 1em;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 1em;
padding-left: 5px;
}

Thank you :)
Will test it.

denalauder

That is really nice to know. I’m an amateur photographer, and my goal, for now, is to buy a professional camera. It’s been a journey, and after three months of hard work, I still need one hundred dollars. At first, things weren’t good since the quality of my photos was poor, but after some time, I was able to discover photo upscale online, and it saved it. That is an application that increases the size of the photo and improves the quality of the picture. I started to earn money, and I’m pretty sure that soon enough I will be able to buy a good camera. I would love to recommend it to everyone who is facing a similar issue.

Last edited:

Beckster

Still not able to re-size the thumbnail images in reviews pulled in on product pages. Could we have the css code please to change the size from 50 x 50 to say 150 x 150 px? thanks. Nothing is working so far 2024...come on guys...been years we have needed this.