Can't edit products without valid license?

Chris.Mc

I've just transferred my page from one domain to another and send an email to support to reset my license.

Went back to my page and tried to edit some products. After clicking on "all products" I got forwarded to the License field of Alidropship.

So we can not edit or keep our products once we decide to not use Alidropship somewhen in the future?

Mar

I've just transferred my page from one domain to another and send an email to support to reset my license.

Went back to my page and tried to edit some products. After clicking on "all products" I got forwarded to the License field of Alidropship.

So we can not edit or keep our products once we decide to not use Alidropship somewhen in the future?
You got forwarded to the license field but you did not mention if you entered the license in the field and click activate. Editing or keeping products are functions of the plugin. If you decide not to use the plugin you cannot perform this functions.

Chris.Mc

Well, because the license has not been reset at this time. How bad would it be if you couldn't edit or change your products after a domain change at all?

But if there should come a day that the plugin doesn't work anymore about changes in Aliexpress API or whatever our online shop would be gone as well. We couldn't process orders manually or edit products. I hope that will never happen though

Mar

Well, because the license has not been reset at this time. How bad would it be if you couldn't edit or change your products after a domain change at all?

But if there should come a day that the plugin doesn't work anymore about changes in Aliexpress API or whatever our online shop would be gone as well. We couldn't process orders manually or edit products. I hope that will never happen though
How could you think the plugin will work if it is not activated due to the license? Needless to say with that scenario you said, the plugin and all its function will not work anymore. No more editing of products, process of orders, everything. It is common sense. But its not your online store that will be gone, rather it is the dropshipping store created by the plugin. Your website will remain.

Last edited:

Chris.Mc

How could you think the plugin will work if it is not activated due to the license?

Well, because I've got three online shops. Therefore I've got three plugins.

Needless to say with that scenario you said, the plugin and all its function will not work anymore. No more editing of products, process of orders, everything. It is common sense.

Doesn't necessary means that all products must be gone from the woocommerce store as only the auto order function could be disabled.

But its not your online store that will be gone, rather it is the dropshipping store created by the plugin.

And the plugin has been purchased by me. So its not the plugin store, it's MY store.

Mate, you shouldn't be so rude to your customers or I will start a fucking shitstorm on all social media platforms with a shit load of accounts. I told Yaros on BHW once that he has to work on his VAs and the way how they talk to the customers. If I buy gas-filled shock absorbers for my car and they stop working doesn't mean that the whole fucking car doesn't drive anymore. But that exactly happens when the plugin stops working. Then you have simply nothing and need to start from scratch.

Mar

Doesn't necessary means that all products must be gone from the woocommerce store as only the auto order function could be disabled.
The scenario you said is the plugin doesn't work anymore, in that case it is not only the auto order function that will stop but it is everything.

Mar

If I buy gas-filled shock absorbers for my car and they stop working doesn't mean that the whole fucking car doesn't drive anymore
This is what I told you:
But its not your online store that will be gone, rather it is the dropshipping store created by the plugin. Your website will remain.

Mar

Mate, you shouldn't be so rude to your customers or I will start a fucking shitstorm on all social media platforms with a shit load of accounts. I told Yaros on BHW once that he has to work on his VAs and the way how they talk to the customers. If I buy gas-filled shock absorbers for my car and they stop working doesn't mean that the whole fucking car doesn't drive anymore. But that exactly happens when the plugin stops working. Then you have simply nothing and need to start from scratch.
I don't see why the answer is rude. My answer actually is a reaction to a very unusual question. The plugin is not activated and you expect it to work.

Chris.Mc

I don't expect the plugin to work without the license. I expect to keep my imported products in my woocommerce store without the plugin so I could fulfil orders manually.

I love the plugin, it's a great tool for dropshipping stores and makes things soo much easier but now I know that I grow a business without having full control over it. If I have 500 products imported with the Alidropship plugin + Dropship.me and it stops working all my products are gone, too. So I would have to relay on Alidropship that it hopefully exists and gets updated forever

Mar

I don't expect the plugin to work without the license. I expect to keep my imported products in my woocommerce store without the plugin so I could fulfil orders manually.
Again, none of this functions will work. Yes the products will remain and you can order in Aliexpress just like any other buyer. But receiving and knowing the order details like delivery address, etc. is another function of the plugin and you won't have this.

Direct Webstore

You can if you use the Woo Plugin and use the Woocommerce "store".

The Original plugin has it's own built in "store". You can only edit products in that store if it has a valid licence.

Direct Webstore

Like I said above. If you deactivate (and/or delete) the plugin you can access the products. There are also other plugins you could use to import from Aliexpress (well one other at least). No need to rebuild your site. You could even import products from DHGate. This was one of the many reasons I switched to Woo. The day may come when I will import in bulk and do my own shipping. But I think Aliexpress and Alidropship will be around for a long time. Relax. :)

Mar

You can. I just deactivated my Alidropship Woo plugin and could access and edit the products just fine.
I haven't tried to deactivate the plugin and edit products. But his case is different, the Alidropship plugin is not activated with a license that is why every time he click a menu of the plugin, he is directed to the license field.

Chris.Mc

Ok guys, check this recording and see what happens if I click on products after removing the Alidropship license. Let me know once you've seen it that I delete the video.