Cannot add Variation Successfully

thill

Hi, I want to add more variations to an existing product listing and fulfil those added manually through other suppliers, rather than create a different product listing for the additional sizes of the same product which are unfortunately only available through other suppliers... I tried adding variations, via the "Add Variation" option under the Variations tab. However, instead of allowing me to designate a new size and colour for the new variations, it only allows me to choose from the previous existing sizes from the formal import or a 'size' called "any metal color". The colour is also only selectable from existing colors, or a 'color' called "any stone color"

If it matters, I am still at the import list stage. (I have not published yet.)

thill

I also want to change the names of existing variations on the direct import which are either misleading or completely unsuitable.

Again, I am still in the import list stage. (I have not published yet.)

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I also want to change the names of existing variations on the direct import which are either misleading or completely unsuitable.

Again, I am still in the import list stage. (I have not published yet.)
You can do that in edit mode of extension before import:

1516603578890.png

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, I want to add more variations to an existing product listing and fulfil those added manually through other suppliers, rather than create a different product listing for the additional sizes of the same product which are unfortunately only available through other suppliers... I tried adding variations, via the "Add Variation" option under the Variations tab. However, instead of allowing me to designate a new size and colour for the new variations, it only allows me to choose from the previous existing sizes from the formal import or a 'size' called "any metal color". The colour is also only selectable from existing colors, or a 'color' called "any stone color"

If it matters, I am still at the import list stage. (I have not published yet.)

You can't attach more than one supplier to the product.

However, instead of allowing me to designate a new size and colour for the new variations, it only allows me to choose from the previous existing sizes from the formal import or a 'size' called "any metal color". The colour is also only selectable from existing colors, or a 'color' called "any stone color" - Yes, this is how WooCommerce works.

thill

Thank you for replying.

IT WOULD GREATLY HELP NEW, INEXPERIENCED USERS and safeguard yourself from the chatter of frustrated and angry new users (which is very much how I am feeling now after spending countless hours on all-in-all glitchy uploading) if it was clearer that the titles of variations is something that users may need to change, that they can only be changed BEFORE importing into the Import List and that this is done via the Alidropship Chrome Extension, rather than editing the Import List before publishing.