Cache for cart icon on monet and warhol woo

yoha03

Hi, anyone can make caching work for monet woo and warhol woo? For me everything work fine except the header cart icon on the homepage

when the caching is on.
after add item to cart, the cart icon on the homepage header doesn't show the number

I can make it work only by putting woocommerce_items_in_cart in cookies exclusion, but this mean there is no caching anymore when user already has item in cart

chris37

Hi, anyone can make caching work for monet woo and warhol woo? For me everything work fine except the header cart icon on the homepage

when the caching is on.
after add item to cart, the cart icon on the homepage header doesn't show the number

I can make it work only by putting woocommerce_items_in_cart in cookies exclusion, but this mean there is no caching anymore when user already has item in cart
You cache plugin is supporting dynamic cache ?

chris37

I am using the free fastest cache, does it support dynamic cache?
No it doest, but also is working out of the box with card cookies.

Please can you check also if your alidropship currency switcher is working when you are login out or in ingognito mode ;) (I am 100% is not working even that)

chris37

When you corfirm is not working and That contact in P.M for I explained to you the solution

yoha03

the currency switcher is not working with fastest cache, only work with litespeed cache
but the header cart icon is not working with both litespeed and fastest cache

chris37

the currency switcher is not working with fastest cache,

Is a way to make wp faster cache to work with alidropship currency switcher issue ... without a proplem,

Litespeed is dynamic plugin but is have issue in currency switcher in the variation prices products (if customer try to change currency ,the main currency change but the variation currency is stay always the defeult)

when the caching is on.
So the issue to you Is just the number doesn't appear in the homepage, (activate wp faster cached)

1) try to reload the page if is add the number then is just ajax issue. So disable the Ajax and use reload only in the card

2) if the above does help (because about the card header is appear the issue only to you ) deactivate all of your plugins expect wp-faster cache ,woocommerce and alidropship plugin and try again to see for sure if is not conflict with other plugins

yoha03

You can make fastest cache work with currency switcher without additional plugin?
For litespeed i can make it work with some rule in htaccess

The cart icon doesn't work for monet and warhol seems the cart icon in homepage is cached i tried both litespeed and fastest cache, but in davinci it work fine

chris37

You can make fastest cache work with currency switcher without additional plugin?
Yes I did it ;) I made a full thread explain how ,check it out :)

But personally I prefer aelia currency switcher, is working exactly like the original alidropship currency switcher,

But If you want to place it in the default place of alidropshipp currency switcher you must to do with modify the PHP files. And a lot of CSS

The cart icon doesn't work for monet and warhol seems the cart icon in homepage is cached i tried both litespeed and fastest cache, but in davinci it work fine
I can corfirm the da Vinci is work find .

So is can be theme issue as well

yoha03

Yes I did it ;) I made a full thread explain how ,check it out :)

But personally I prefer aelia currency switcher, is working exactly like the original alidropship currency switcher,

But If you want to place it in the default place of alidropshipp currency switcher you must to do with modify the PHP files. And a lot of CSS

I can corfirm the da Vinci is work find .

So is can be theme issue as well

is it when you add exclude cookies current_cur in fastestcache settings?
this can work but I think that mean any request with cookies current_cur it won't get cache and I check from browser every request has this cookies
I try both with exclude current_cur cookies and without that, without the exclude current_cur the page load faster as it is using cache

or maybe do you have a way to remove the cart icon on the header?

@Ekaterina Sayapina can you check whether it is possible to make header cart icon on monet woo and warhol woo work with cache? because it is working in davinci woo?

chris37

is it when you add exclude cookies current_cur in fastestcache settings?
this can work but I think that mean any request with cookies current_cur it won't get cache and I check from browser every request has this cookies
I try both with exclude current_cur cookies and without that, without the exclude current_cur the page load faster as it is using cache
The effect is minimum different ...i just exclude the cookies not the page

or maybe do you have a way to remove the cart icon on the header?
ofcource you can remove the cart icon !!! but why you do that ??? you need your customer check them card at anytime
can you check whether it is possible to make header cart icon on monet woo and warhol woo work with cache? because it is working in davinci woo?
The official recommendation is do not use cache :)

First change theme to the wordpress default twenty twenty one and check if is have the cache issue there ... if still the answer in yes then is not a theme issue in your website.

yoha03

The effect is minimum different ...i just exclude the cookies not the page

ofcource you can remove the cart icon !!! but why you do that ??? you need your customer check them card at anytime

The official recommendation is do not use cache :)

First change theme to the wordpress default twenty twenty one and check if is have the cache issue there ... if still the answer in yes then is not a theme issue in your website.

what I understand is the plugin will not serve cached pages to the browser with that cookie set. so as long as your request has that cookies you won't be served with cached page
It is according to this link, from the cache creator himself

I plan to maybe remove the cart icon, and provide link to the cart because the issue is only the number in cart icon, but the cart page is fine

chris37

what I understand is the plugin will not serve cached pages to the browser with that cookie set. so as long as your request has that cookies you won't be served with cached page
It is according to this link, from the cache creator himself

I plan to maybe remove the cart icon, and provide link to the cart because the issue is only the number in cart icon, but the cart page is fine
Omg for few minutes make me worry and i has recheck everything :)

This guy if is the creator then he made a spelling mistake, i make the testing with the cache enable and the currency cookie exclude multiple times. In my testing with the cache on the onload time is around 1.2s and the full loading time around 6-7s (do not forget the new issue of the loading time after the latest update :) )

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 11.55.58 AM.png

But with the cache plugin disable i have try it multiple time and the loading speed is terrible .

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 11.58.31 AM.png

So i dont know what the creator say, but the live test is showing even if you excluded the currency cookie the page is still caches and the currency switcher is work .

Last edited: