Bug: Manual Update From Within Product Doesn't Work

Ibrahim

I noticed that a product price was off (not sure if the plugin adjusted the price or what happen since I do have automatic update enabled).

However, the issue is that, if I go to the product and click "Update Product" under Manual Update nothing happen (the airplane loader show up and keep spinning).

Expected behavior:
After you click update product, the variations will be updates as per the price formula.

Current behavior:
price doesn't updates for any variation after clicking Update Product

P.S. my price formula that should apply here is this one:
$4 < cost < $9.99 cost * 2.25

But as you can see from the screenshot, the number is MUCH higher

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 1.22.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 1.22.42 AM.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 1.23.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 1.23.10 AM.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 5

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Could you please PM me your domain name and WP login and password to check it out. Also the link to that product that haven't been updated according to your pricing formula.

Ibrahim

Could you please PM me your domain name and WP login and password to check it out. Also the link to that product that haven't been updated according to your pricing formula.

Unfortunately, I won't share my credential with you. However, turned out that my webhost is blocking [uri "/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php"] calls due to the successive calls you are making. I think this can be optimized on your side (please pass this to the devs) but meanwhile I will work with my host to whitelist this URL for now and see if that helps

ANOTHER QUESTION TO DEVS:
However, the cron job should automatically update those prices twice daily but this is not happening. I'm not sure if those jobs are being blocked as well, need to check that and will comeback.

It would be great to add a debug tab to your plugin since you can easily capture those errors from the cURL requests you are making. This would make it easier for you to debug issues than asking people for their credentials which is obviously insane.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Unfortunately, I won't share my credential with you. However, turned out that my webhost is blocking [uri "/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php"] calls due to the successive calls you are making. I think this can be optimized on your side (please pass this to the devs) but meanwhile I will work with my host to whitelist this URL for now and see if that helps

ANOTHER QUESTION TO DEVS:
However, the cron job should automatically update those prices twice daily but this is not happening. I'm not sure if those jobs are being blocked as well, need to check that and will comeback.

It would be great to add a debug tab to your plugin since you can easily capture those errors from the cURL requests you are making. This would make it easier for you to debug issues than asking people for their credentials which is obviously insane.
Cron updates 1 product per a request, so , if you set it up Twice daily , it will update 2 products per day. We recommend to use Manual update as well.

jpsingleton

Wait, so am I understanding correctly—if I have 365 products and tell Alidropship to update the prices once a day, each product will only be updated once per year?