BEST DEALS Section Empty

artmelkon

That's strange. The main menu on the home page or the one on category pages? Do you have products imported already?
It is strange. I did, the funny thing is it loads when I am using the default theme, once I switch to child it disappears. I just need some time to get into the codes and tweak php files and see what's causing it. I hope I can do it tonight. :)

Direct Webstore

I knew it, one of the files was missing from child theme

There's always a reason, LOL ... glad you found it! :)

EDIT: There's a lady member here having a problem with a child theme too. She's insisting that child themes don't work with Alidropship themes ... now we can both tell her that they do! :)

How is the BEST DEALS section on the home page populated? It's empty.

I noticed in the home.php file this ...

<?php get_template_part( 'products/main', 'bestdials' ) ?>

"bestdeals" is mispelt as "bestdials" ... I changed it and uploaded the file, but it makes no difference.

What's up??
Facing same problem, you found solution?

Direct Webstore

The "solution" has already been discussed here.

Best deals are based on the discount. You set discount from original price of the product versus the current price. If you set a product price at $100 and you are selling it at $50, then the discount is 50%, and if it is in the top 8 high discounted products among all your product, it will show up in that section.

Last edited:

faruka

At the bottom of Rembrandt Theme, which show the Company Info and About Us, any idea how to change the background color?

Direct Webstore

At the bottom of Rembrandt Theme, which show the Company Info and About Us, any idea how to change the background color?

Copy this CSS to Wordpress Admin / Appearance / Customize / Additional CSS ... Change the colour " #111 " to whatever you want.

.footer {
background-color: #111;
}

I suggest changing the section above that (The one with the "Payment Methods") with a complimentary colour too.

.footer .content-partners {
background: #d1d1d1;
}

:)

Last edited:

faruka

The manage to change the footer Rembrandt Theme background colors, but how do you change the Font or Text colors?

Direct Webstore

The manage to change the footer Rembrandt Theme background colors, but how do you change the Font or Text colors?

Quite a few text changes to be made there ... add all of these to the same "Additional CSS" place as above and change the colours as you wish. :)

.footer .footer-menu li a {
color: #fff;
}

.footer .f-head {
}

.footer .subscription input+div {
color: #ccc;
}

.footer .contact a {
color: #bfbfbf;
}

.footer .copyright {
color: #bfbfbf;
}

.footer .copyright .address {
}

NOTE: You may have to clear your browser's cache to see the changes.

NOTE 2 : If any of them don't work, add "!important" after the colour value.
Example: color: #444!important;

:)

faruka

I would appreciate your assistant, I want to change the font colors in two area, on the top of page of Rembrandt Theme where it say Product and Shipping and also below the search menu bar a list of Product Categories. What is the color code script for css.

Direct Webstore

I would appreciate your assistant,

This is turning into a fulltime job! LOL. :) I think it's time you tried this yourself. In Chrome. right click the area you want to change and click "Inspect". A console will popup on the righthand side with all the CSS code. Simply copy the bit of code you need and paste it into the "Additional CSS" section in Wordpress. Try it.

CaptainFlashlight

I've tried doing the same thing as posted here. I've created the child theme. And on a live preview everything looks fine except the slider and grid. I get the default mona lisa. The header as well i the DaVinci default. AmI missing some file to copy over? I moved the front-page.php. and created a generic style.css. And a functions per your sample above.

Direct Webstore

AmI missing some file to copy over?
Apart from a special child theme functions.php and an empty styles.css (to have css added to it) the only other files you copy over are ones you want to edit.

e.g ... the header.php if you want to replace the phone number with something else like a clickable image etc.

My Davinci2 child theme has edited header.php, footer.php and front-page.php files ... all with changes or extra things added.

I get the default mona lisa. The header as well i the DaVinci default.
They will remain looking like the default until you copy the relevant files to the child theme and edit them.

NOTE: Of course, you will need experience editing PHP and HTML

CaptainFlashlight

Apart from a special child theme functions.php and an empty styles.css (to have css added to it) the only other files you copy over are ones you want to edit.

e.g ... the header.php if you want to replace the phone number with something else like a clickable image etc.

My Davinci2 child theme has edited header.php, footer.php and front-page.php files ... all with changes or extra things added.

They will remain looking like the default until you copy the relevant files to the child theme and edit them.

NOTE: Of course, you will need experience editing PHP and HTML

Thanks for your quick response, it is greatly appreciated. I simply wanted to remove the TOP SELLERS and BEST DEALS sections. I modified the front-page.php file and just commented out those sections. That worked great. I just didn't want to have to repeat this every-time DaVinci 2.0 was updated. I created a child directory, added a styles.css that referenced the original, created the functions.php and pasted your code. Then I copied over the edited front-page.php file. I must be missing something.

Direct Webstore

Davinci2 is not very child theme friendly. With the last two updates I have had to re-edit new files from the updated mother theme. First the header.php, then the front-page.php. Also, the child theme does not import the colours from the Customization. I have only started to make a child theme for Davinci2 recently.

I have already mentioned these problems in the update thread but have had no response so far.

I have now given up with a Davinci2 Child theme and am editing the mother theme files directly and adding CSS changes to Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS. I shall keep the edited files in a folder and upload with each theme update.

If it continues that each update needs fresh files re-edited ... I'll give up on Davinci2 completley and go back to my Davinci1 child theme which has none of these problems.

I think Davinci2 just wants to be left alone and not changed via a child theme ... lol :)