Attributes and Variations

bfralick

Have done some reading around on the forums and still confused about editing attributes and variations. My store originally had it's products entered by the ADS team. Some products have the "Ship From" attribute that I have just been disabling on product page, versus deleting. When I do this, it does not appear on the product page but leaves many variations that still have this attribute.

For example, if a product had attributes of Ships From with USA, China, and France as options, and attributes of Small, Medium, and Large. This initially is 9 product variations. After disabling the Ships From attribute it still leaves 9 variations and I cannot tell the difference between them.

I tried deleting all variations, then making them again using the Create variations from all attributes option, but then I can't seem to update the stock amounts. When I then did reset attributes there were many more options than initially and it seemed to create a bigger mess for me.

What is the best way to achieve this? For the example above, I'd like my product page to just have the sizes S, M, L and no Ships From attribute which would be 3 variations, and still have stock sync.

Looking forward to some thoughts. Thank you!!

Mar

Have done some reading around on the forums and still confused about editing attributes and variations. My store originally had it's products entered by the ADS team. Some products have the "Ship From" attribute that I have just been disabling on product page, versus deleting. When I do this, it does not appear on the product page but leaves many variations that still have this attribute.

For example, if a product had attributes of Ships From with USA, China, and France as options, and attributes of Small, Medium, and Large. This initially is 9 product variations. After disabling the Ships From attribute it still leaves 9 variations and I cannot tell the difference between them.

I tried deleting all variations, then making them again using the Create variations from all attributes option, but then I can't seem to update the stock amounts. When I then did reset attributes there were many more options than initially and it seemed to create a bigger mess for me.

What is the best way to achieve this? For the example above, I'd like my product page to just have the sizes S, M, L and no Ships From attribute which would be 3 variations, and still have stock sync.

Looking forward to some thoughts. Thank you!!
I am afraid you are making a mess in your site. There is a lot of threads in the forum about this subject, see this one: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/delete-ships-from-attribute.16047/#post-73979. The front end may look alright with out the Ship from attribute. Make sure what you are doing is alright, and that is all the way to ordering the product in AliExpress. Without the Ship from attribute, you will have a problem.

bfralick

Yes, I am asking for help so I do not make a mess on my site. I have only changed settings on a product or two. The issue is, I had a product that I deleted the Ships From attribute and when I did Reset Attributes it does not bring back the Ships From - what's the deal? I am looking for how to fix the ones that I had deleted attributes on as I now know not to do that.

Thanks!

Mar

Yes, I am asking for help so I do not make a mess on my site. I have only changed settings on a product or two. The issue is, I had a product that I deleted the Ships From attribute and when I did Reset Attributes it does not bring back the Ships From - what's the deal? I am looking for how to fix the ones that I had deleted attributes on as I now know not to do that.

Thanks!
In the edit page of the product, click Supplier then Reset Product. Variations and Attributes will be restored.

1592322062666.png

wattacarp

Is there way to reset them NOT from the products tab? Maybe there's a RESET ALL button/link hidden somewhere within the plugin menu, that I haven't found.

maz

Resetting the product Variations doesn't reset the images, now all the Variations without images!