Delete "ships from" attribute

Craig Sutcliffe

Howdy
I was wondering if there was a way to delete the "ships from" attribute from all my products in mass? If not, could the Devs create a tool?
Cheers

daniel-97

No you can't, that will damage the link from your product to Aliexpress. Many people including me, wanted to delete that too, but I didn't find any way that works.

Craig Sutcliffe

No you can't, that will damage the link from your product to Aliexpress. Many people including me, wanted to delete that too, but I didn't find any way that works.
Hi Daniel
Thanks for your reply, I have to disagree with you though mate, you can delete the ships from in attributes manually in each product without affecting the link, it would be handy to be able to do it in mass, if your lucky enough to have thousands of products. Thanks again

daniel-97

Hi Daniel
Thanks for your reply, I have to disagree with you though mate, you can delete the ships from in attributes manually in each product without affecting the link, it would be handy to be able to do it in mass, if your lucky enough to have thousands of products. Thanks again
Yeah I know you can delete it manually, but Alidropship team said that it would damage the links.

But if your links don't break during the automated order placement then good for you!

Craig Sutcliffe

Yeah I know you can delete it manually, but Alidropship team said that it would damage the links.

But if your links don't break during the automated order placement then good for you!
I see what your saying now Daniel, I wasn't thinking about the automated order placement, see this is why we have a forum

chris37

Yes, glad we do! And you can change the Variation's texts, that won't damage the link, but delete it will.

Hope I gave some valuable information :)

Hi guy... I use aliwoo I deleted ship variation and everything work normal..(automatic order and update stock work normal) only when I delete attribute I have issue(so i just rename them).
I wish this give light in the tunnel :)

Mar

Hi guy... I use aliwoo I deleted ship variation and everything work normal..(automatic order and update stock work normal) only when I delete attribute I have issue(so i just rename them).
I wish this give light in the tunnel :)
Prices differ in Ship from attribute. If no more ship from in the front end, the default is China? This is something new. What I know is you can change name of the country to Nearest Warehouse, but cannot remove it. This confusion never go away. The support team need to clarify this.

1591809452783.png

1591809168285.png

Last edited:

chris37

''''''Chrisschris37 said:
only when I delete attribute I have issue(so i just rename them).
This add to the confusion. You just said you deleted ship variation, then you said so I just rename them.'''''''''

I delete ship variation only when i have more the one variation, for example ,if i have china and usa ,i will delete the variation of usa because let say its not delivery worldwide , then i rename the attribute of china to Nearest Warehouse because i dont like china be visible on my website.
with this way everything work fine.

If you try to remove full the ship (not show in the front product page) the customer they cannot select it and then when you gonna place the automatic order in aliexpress is not gonna work because is gonna be missing the ship value.

this is the only way i found when you can play with variation and attribute in the woo version.
i mean update stock,price and automatic order work fine with this way.

actually is not confusion at all @Mar the screenshot you share from yaros is exacly what i did.

Last edited:

daniel-97

I'm thinking the Variations and Distributes work differently between Woo and Original Version, don't know if it's true

Mar

I delete ship variation only when i have more the one variation, for example ,if i have china and usa ,i will delete the variation of usa because let say its not delivery worldwide , then i rename the attribute of china to Nearest Warehouse because i dont like china be visible on my website.
with this way everything work fine.
This statement was not in your first post, Thanks for the explanation. That is what I know.

Mar

I'm thinking the Variations and Distributes work differently between Woo and Original Version, don't know if it's true
When it come to ordering in AliExpress, they don't care if you are using the original or the woo version, it should be the same.

topango

I do delete and rename the one that says china as Singapore. Eg the screen shot below had USA, Germany, Spain and China. I renamed china as Singapore as i noticed people get put off when they see china.
1592573610934.png

1592573696440.png
1592573807023.png

pzovcrqt

It was suggested in that thread and this thing was discussed to death a million times. As you see in that thread, it don't work. This attribute is for the customers to see and select, why hide it from them?

Even it has been discussed, it has never been solved in a good way for me.
In my case, I would like to hide it from customer because it brings nothing to show it.

The workarounds existing are based on showing only one option, so why keep it ?
I don't understand why the alidropship plugins overwrite the variable.php file from child theme !

chris37

Even it has been discussed, it has never been solved in a good way for me.
In my case, I would like to hide it from customer because it brings nothing to show it.

The workarounds existing are based on showing only one option, so why keep it ?
I don't understand why the alidropship plugins overwrite the variable.php file from child theme !

I personal anwser this question many time before...
giving the solution you ask ...

Go and check my previous post and you will find out the anwsers you looking for.