Attribute and Variation name change or Removal: drawbacks

Valerio

Most of my products have many variations; when I import products, i do that via the EDIT button on chrome extension. I have AliDropship Woo.
Just like many others on this forum, I really need to know what issue can happen for each of the following scenarios:

1. change attribute name:
Type= "Black" "Red" becomes Color = "Black" "Red"

2. change variation name:
Color = "dark coffee" "dark red" becomes Color = "Brown" "Red"

3. Remove one variation:
Ship From = "China" "Russian Federation" becomes Ship From = "China"

4. Remove attribute completely:
Completely removing Ship From = "China" "Russian Federation"

5. change attribute name + remove one variation + change variation name + and set it as default:
"Ship From" becomes "Option" + "Russian Federation" is deleted + "China" becomes "Unisex" and set it as default.

Could you please explain under each scenario, which drawbacks it can cause?
(autocomplete order will not work / automatic price update will not work / and so on)

I know these changes may look weird to some, but there are so many of us that have to deal with them.

Many thanks for your help!

Kindly,
Valerio

@Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova @Ekaterina Sayapina

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Most of my products have many variations; when I import products, i do that via the EDIT button on chrome extension. I have AliDropship Woo.
Just like many others on this forum, I really need to know what issue can happen for each of the following scenarios:

1. change attribute name:
Type= "Black" "Red" becomes Color = "Black" "Red"

2. change variation name:
Color = "dark coffee" "dark red" becomes Color = "Brown" "Red"

3. Remove one variation:
Ship From = "China" "Russian Federation" becomes Ship From = "China"

4. Remove attribute completely:
Completely removing Ship From = "China" "Russian Federation"

5. change attribute name + remove one variation + change variation name + and set it as default:
"Ship From" becomes "Option" + "Russian Federation" is deleted + "China" becomes "Unisex" and set it as default.

Could you please explain under each scenario, which drawbacks it can cause?
(autocomplete order will not work / automatic price update will not work / and so on)

I know these changes may look weird to some, but there are so many of us that have to deal with them.

Many thanks for your help!

Kindly,
Valerio

@Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova @Ekaterina Sayapina
Hello,

1. It won't cause any issue
2. It won't cause any issue
3. It won't cause any issue
4. Product will not be updated
5. It shouldn't cause any issue.

Valerio

4. Product will not be updated
will this not cause problem with order autocomplete?

Also, please look at this:

this is my prod. on Aliexpress:
1.png
Upon importing, i have removed "Russian Federation", changed "Ship From" to "Option" and changed "China" to "USB Charging".

After i manually update the product, in my WP backend i have this price:
2.png

These are my pricing settings:
3.png
4.png

based on my settings, i was expecting:
47.99 x 1.75 = 83.98 > rounded to 84 > +assigned cents = $84.xx
instead, on my shop frontend the price is $105.20

5.png

Am i missing something here? Can you help me understand, please?

Finally, as you have seen i have 20,49,70,90,99 in my "assign cents" settings; but all the products in my store have been assigned 20 cents (they are all $ XX.20. Shouldn't i have random cents assigned instead?

I need to figure out how these things are processed before importing a ton of products.

Thanks a lot!

Valerio

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 10

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
will this not cause problem with order autocomplete?

Also, please look at this:

this is my prod. on Aliexpress:
View attachment 2380
Upon importing, i have removed "Russian Federation", changed "Ship From" to "Option" and changed "China" to "USB Charging".

After i manually update the product, in my WP backend i have this price:
View attachment 2382

These are my pricing settings:
View attachment 2383
View attachment 2384

based on my settings, i was expecting:
47.99 x 1.75 = 83.98 > rounded to 84 > +assigned cents = $84.xx
instead, on my shop frontend the price is $105.20

View attachment 2385

Am i missing something here? Can you help me understand, please?

Finally, as you have seen i have 20,49,70,90,99 in my "assign cents" settings; but all the products in my store have been assigned 20 cents (they are all $ XX.20. Shouldn't i have random cents assigned instead?

I need to figure out how these things are processed before importing a ton of products.

Thanks a lot!

Valerio
Hello Valerio, please use either Rounding or cents assigning - it shouldn't have been enabled altogether.
And please look through you plugins list - if there are some plugins concerning prices, try to disable them and look what you get.

Valerio

Hello Valerio, please use either Rounding or cents assigning - it shouldn't have been enabled altogether.
And please look through you plugins list - if there are some plugins concerning prices, try to disable them and look what you get.

Thanks for your reply,
i removed rounding and that fixed the issue about random cents not appearing.

but regarding the main issue i explained above, i still can't figure out where those prices are coming from?
i don't have any plugin installed that interfere with pricing.

I tried to reset that product so the attribute and variation names reverted back to Aliexpress original ones, and in fact the prices where correctly changed. Before that, i tried many pricing formulas, but the price wasn't changing for that item.

it looks to me that if i change variation/attribute names, then product price will not update correctly. Is that happening to me only?

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thanks for your reply,
i removed rounding and that fixed the issue about random cents not appearing.

but regarding the main issue i explained above, i still can't figure out where those prices are coming from?
i don't have any plugin installed that interfere with pricing.

I tried to reset that product so the attribute and variation names reverted back to Aliexpress original ones, and in fact the prices where correctly changed. Before that, i tried many pricing formulas, but the price wasn't changing for that item.

it looks to me that if i change variation/attribute names, then product price will not update correctly. Is that happening to me only?

Could you please send me a link to that product - I will try to reproduce this issue?