Anyone using Siteground with Alidropship Plugin

Can anyone please share how they score on gtmetrix with siteground hosting with Alidropship original plugin (not the woocommerce).

My yearly package on Fastcomet finishes this month and I want a better deal.

I have tried A2 Hosting, HawkHost, Bluehost and Dreamhost already. Mainly their highest paid shared plans and have cancelled their service and received refund. Their servers seem very weak compared to the one I have. Specially with regards to queries generated by alidropship plugin.

The load speed I am getting at Fastcomet varies between 1.6 secs and 2.1 secs.

Direct Webstore

Type "Siteground" into search. There's lots of horror stories.

And sharing GTMetrix scores is pointless because it depends on what what theme and plugins you're using, plus if you're using a CDN and what caching plugin you're using.

Short and sweet ... don't use it. And don't ask me to elaborate ... I'm not going to repeat everything you'll find in the search results.

;)

Runner

I use them and have never had a problem plus the wait time on chat is the best I have come across, usually a couple of minutes if not straight away.

Direct Webstore

I use them and have never had a problem
That statement without any info described in the quote below is meaningless.

depends on what what theme and plugins you're using, plus if you're using a CDN and what caching plugin you're using.

One person saying "No problem" compared to several saying the opposite needs to be taken into consideration. And the quote above has major contributing factors. Especially whether you're using the Original or Woo plugin. If it's Woo, forget Siteground.

But if you're using the Original plugin with the bare minimum of extra plugins, basically a pretty bland, off the shelf site, then Siteground will probably be OK. Like I said above, you need to take other factors into account.

;)

Last edited:

Runner

That statement without any info described in the quote below is meaningless.

One person saying "No problem" compared to several saying the opposite needs to be taken into consideration. And the quote above is a major contributing factor. Especially whether you're using the Original or Woo plugin. If it's Woo, forget Siteground.

;)

Well considering you didn't want to elaborate anymore you sure like to hang around and stick it to everyone, have you had a bad experience with Siteground?
I did agree with you on one thing you wrote: "And don't ask me to elaborate ... I'm not going to repeat everything you'll find in the search results. ".
I don't understand how you can say most of the reviews are bad- maybe you may have to elaborate here because thats not what I see.
Your flippant statements I read purely as just one persons nonsensical biased opinions backed up by a huge ego.

Direct Webstore

Well considering you didn't want to elaborate anymore you sure like to hang around and stick it to everyone,
Mate ... your comment could be potentially misleading and I don't want the O.P to be mislead. Simple as that. Don't be too upset about it. Even if he's using the Original, there are other factors to consider. He will find them them all by doing a search and reading all the details of other's experiences.

a huge ego.
The fact that you're getting upset over simple logic that your simplistic statement is meaningless and your childishly petulant reply means you are the one with a bruised ego.

Grow up and stop acting like a hurt child.

;)

Runner

Mate ... your comment could be potentially misleading and I don't want the O.P to be mislead. Simple as that. Don't be too upset about it. Even if he's using the Original, there are other factors to consider. He will find them them all by doing a search and reading all the details of other's experiences.

The fact that you're getting upset over simple logic that your simplistic statement is meaningless and your childishly petulant reply means you are the one with a bruised ego.

Grow up and stop acting like a hurt child.

;)

This response folks is ego at its best they don't get much bigger then his.

Mar

I use them and have never had a problem plus the wait time on chat is the best I have come across, usually a couple of minutes if not straight away.
I use them before and had lots of problem, too much resource usage restrictions, errors related to resources and data base and downtimes that were never resolved. Even activating ionCube Loader created a chaos among them. There is a lot that make a host provider good than wait time on chat.

ofuroinu

Hi Mate

One of my site using Original Plugin with Siteground hosting. I did have problems with them as above statement by Mar they have resource related issues, because I was using fb and google plugins previously when the time was good and working fine I get the resource issue with them. Now since the plugins are become garbage even after updates no fix till date. I am not syncing my catalogs so no more this issue but now is my storage reach the limit of 10gb. They want me to remove some heavy files. My other site using host gator business cloud not happy either

ofuroinu

I am (not) sure how true is this but most recommend siteground is good in speed.

Last edited:

Mar

I am not syncing my catalogs so no more this issue but now is my storage reach the limit of 10gb. They want me to remove some heavy files.
Yes, as I said Siteground has this restrictions that don't exist in many other host providers. My current Disk Usage is 19.36GB. There was a time when I have more than 80GB due to my mistake in creating backups. I never heard a word from my host provider.

1554967991427.png

I am sure how true is this but most recommend siteground is good in speed.
Site loading speed depend on many factors, host provider is just one. Some site may load fast in Siteground, some not.

Mar

I don't know what all you guys are complaining about! According to @Runner , the chat is wonderful! ... and that's all that matters! LOL ;)
It will depend on how the chat support help. The chat support of Siteground used to help any issues. This time it is only for pre-sales inquiries. Any other issues will be redirected to the ticket system and you will have to wait for the update. If the issue is not critical, you may have to wait 24 hours. So what's good in the fast chat support in that case?

Runner

I use them before and had lots of problem, too much resource usage restrictions, errors related to resources and data base and downtimes that were never resolved. Even activating ionCube Loader created a chaos among them. There is a lot that make a host provider good than wait time on chat.

This problem can be typical if you are using shared hosting. This problem has a lot to do with how you import, plugins etc, it is not unique to Siteground you will discover the same problem with many other hosting companies as well.

Direct Webstore

will discover the same problem with many other hosting companies as well.
You'll also discover hosts without these problems. That's why I use two of those and stay was far away from as Siteground possible. Simple logic. It also requires simple research and I commend the O.P of this thread for making a start with that aspect. But even doing that is not enough, just simple trial and error is required. I've lost count of the different hosts I've used over the past 20 years. Even good ones in the past can turn bad in the future.

The two I use with no CPU over usage problems or any other problems are Hostgator Business Cloud and one that @Mar recommended, Interserver. I have 4 sites in the HG Business Cloud and moved 2 to Interserver. Loading speed between the two is almost the same. The only thing different is that Interserver is cheaper than Hosgator Business cloud (and Sitegrouund).

So when my HG Business Cloud expires, I'll be opening another Interserver account. Unless they turn bad eventually too ... lol

:)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

am (not) sure how true is this but most recommend siteground is good in speed.
Yes. There's nothing wrong with it's speed according to https://www.bitcatcha.com and other places. But there's other things to consider as well, as has been mentioned.

I'd say if you used a single site using the Original plugin, used a minimal amount of addon plugins ... basically kept it as boring and off the shelf as possible, Siteground may be adequate. It would certainly be OK for blog sites, but for e-commerce sites updating lots of products with lots of images, that's another story. (As has also been mentioned)

I'm betting that most of the reviews done on Siteground were done so based on blog sites. Actually, probably reviews for all hosts are and that's another factor to take into account when researching hosts.

;)

Last edited:

Mar

This problem can be typical if you are using shared hosting. This problem has a lot to do with how you import, plugins etc, it is not unique to Siteground you will discover the same problem with many other hosting companies as well.
It maybe true to some but not all. I have moved my site to another host provider with everything the same as it was with Siteground, in fact with much more products now, but all those issues I mentioned are gone and it still shared hosting.

Carlos Moraes

Hi, @Mar . I'm curious to understand up to which "structure" of your site(s) SiteGround was working fine without resource restrictions. Could you please clarify? I mean, I believe the problems came after reaching a certain amount of products and disc space usage, right?

Mar

Hi, @Mar . I'm curious to understand up to which "structure" of your site(s) SiteGround was working fine without resource restrictions. Could you please clarify? I mean, I believe the problems came after reaching a certain amount of products and disc space usage, right?
To make it short, they have restrictions on disk space usage, CPU usage, physical memory usage, data base size, even data base table size. When you hit these limits, you will receive a warning, next is suspension if you don't comply. These are restrictions that don't even exist in other host providers while Siteground treat it like life and death.