Anyone here was able to run AliDropship WOO on PHP 7.3 ?

mycoffret

My site is PHP7.2 now. I have trasnsitioned it to PHP7.3 earlier, but for some reason stated in this thread "My site work with PHP7.3, only that I cannot activate this cPanel extension that resolve the high CPU usage issue"

Why are you asking for phpinfo? If you doubt with what I am saying then you continue with your doubt, I don't care a bit. If I lie here, I am lying to myself. If lying to yourself is no big deal for you, it is for me.

I'm asking for phpinfo() to ensure that I have the same PHP configuration as you and be able to run it without issues, nothing mean, but thanks.

This thread is really is a waste of time. 7.3 is just too new at the moment and there is really no valid or logical reason to use it ... just yet.

I doubt too many others (if any at all) are going to reply saying they are 100% successfully using 7.3 with all plugins and extensions. Having it work with just AliWoo alone isn't really good enough. For the moment 7.2 is totally fine.

Time to click "Unwatch"

*click*

Thank you.

mycoffret

Well @Mar had the answer, didn't get it first time (that's why I've asked for phpinfo()) ... it's OPcache what makes AliDropship WOO crash
I hope that the developers look at it because OPcache makes a huge difference to WordPress performances

mycoffret

The temporary solution (instead of completely disabling OPcache) is adding this to your php.ini:
opcache.optimization_level=0

The OPcache optimizer is not working very well in some cases, and PHP just crashes when OPcache tries to optimize it. With opcache.optimization_level set to 0, it will just cache the content, no optimizations will be made.

Mar

The temporary solution (instead of completely disabling OPcache) is adding this to your php.ini:
opcache.optimization_level=0

The OPcache optimizer is not working very well in some cases, and PHP just crashes when OPcache tries to optimize it. With opcache.optimization_level set to 0, it will just cache the content, no optimizations will be made.
I have transitioned my site to PHP7.3 but really cant enable opcache, it crash the site if I do with error 503 even with your opcache.optimization_level=0. Also, I am not sure where in php.ini to add the code. But I enabled apcu, another cPanel extension that has the same function according the my host provider. I am observing the site now.

1554993343587.png

Direct Webstore

ioncube loader for php 7.3 already release
It could months to a couple of years until ALL hosts have it installed. Or even have PHP 7.3 itself installed. For example, Hostgator is still stuck on PHP 7.1! But another smaller host I use has PHP 7.3 and ionCube 7.3.

As has already been stated several times in this forum, the differences in performance between PHP 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 is so small, it can't be noticed. Using at most 7.2 at the moment is totally fine until all plugins are 100% PHP and ioncube 7.3 compatible. There's no rush.

I can't understand why some people are so Hell bent at using 7.3, "right now, today". They would be much better off just using 7.2 for the time being and using their time worrying about and doing more important things. Like writing original blogs and making Youtube videos for their stores, for example.

;)

Reactions: FHC
Ok guys, I'm having the same 503 error while being on 7.3. I had it set up because the support confirmed it was ok to go with it. I'm now on chat with them and their position has changed, they advise me to roll back to 7.2 saying a particular hosting configuration might not be ok with their plugin. I wish I heard it before and just applied the previous version.
Anyways, as an option I can roll back. The question is I have some caching, optimisation plugins installed and configurated. Will that rolling back affect those configurations?
Thank you. I appreciate any help.

Last edited: