Anyone here was able to run AliDropship WOO on PHP 7.3 ?

mycoffret

Hi everyone

I have this error when I activate AliDropship Woo plugin 1.4.3 (since PHP 7.3 compatibility) to 1.4.6 :

The plugin generated 372 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

Then the website just goes down (white page, ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)
The website is a fresh WordPress install using the official docker image (wordpress: php7.3) running on PHP 7.3.4 with ionCube Loader 10.3.4 (checked with loader-wizard.php) and Apache 2.4.25 with no other plugin than WooCommerce 3.5.7

Here is what I've changed from the default PHP configuration :
max_execution_time 300, max_input_time 300, memory_limit 2048M, post_max_size 128M, upload_max_filesize 128M

FYI : The plugin runs smoothly when I downgrade PHP to 7.2

Please let me know if there is anyone who was able to run AliDropship Woo plugin on PHP 7.3.
Thanks in advance

Direct Webstore

FYI : The plugin runs smoothly when I downgrade PHP to 7.2
Out of 8 sites ... ONE ran on 7.3 for some reason when I tried it. (All woo) I gave up and just use 7.2. It's totally fine. The difference in efficiency between 7.2 and 7.3 would be so small you would not notice it.

So my opinion? Stop wasting your time trying to get 7.3 to work and be happy with 7.2 until a dedicated 7.3 Alidropship and Alidropship Woo comes out in the future. 7.3 is just too new at the moment.

;)

Mar

Please let me know if there is anyone who was able to run AliDropship Woo plugin on PHP 7.3.
Thanks in advance
My site work with PHP7.3, only that I cannot activate this cPanel extension that resolve the high CPU usage issue. When I activate the extension the site is showing error 503 randomly. It is a known issue that will be resolved in the next version of the extension. Talking about compatibility, my site is compatible, this extension is not in every cPanel.

mycoffret

So my opinion? Stop wasting your time trying to get 7.3 to work and be happy with 7.2 until a dedicated 7.3 Alidropship and Alidropship Woo comes out in the future. 7.3 is just too new at the moment.

I want to run my WordPress on top of Trellis that's why I want to run AliDropship WOO on PHP 7.3 ... BTW AliDropship WOO supports PHP 7.3 since 1.4.3 (CHANGELOG) ... My opinion is that from a business point of view it's a very bad choice to rely on ionCube Loader and specific PHP versions for a WordPress plugin ...

My site work with PHP7.3, only that I cannot activate this cPanel extension that resolve the high CPU usage issue. When I activate the extension the site is showing error 503 randomly. It is a known issue that will be resolved in the next version of the extension. Talking about compatibility, my site is compatible, this extension is not in every cPanel.

cPanel extension ?! Is that hosting control panel needed to run AliDropship WOO ?!

Direct Webstore

My opinion is that from a business point of view it's a very bad choice to rely on ionCube Loader
It's not if you don't want people using your plugin for free. Which you can do with all Premium/paid GPL Wordpress plugins ... if you get your hands on a copy. Which is easily done at several sites that stock copies of paid plugins. So in my opinion it's a very good choice from a business viewpoint.

cPanel extension ?! Is that hosting control panel needed to run AliDropship WOO ?!
Shes's talking about the opcache and apcu extensions in PHP in the cPanel. They help reduce the CPU load for Woocommerce product update CPU overuse problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

mycoffret

It's not if you don't want people using your plugin for free. Which you can do with GPL plugins.

Believing that PHP can be "securely encoded" is the same thing to believe that requiring a serial code for an application automatically makes it secure, it's very easy to decode ionCube encoded PHP files.

In addition to that (the fact that ionCube loader is not supported by all hosting providers, bugs and performances issues ... ) I think that protecting the code is double-edged : it makes customers distrust it.

There are many WordPress plugins in the market without code encryption and they still top sellers (look at Elementor for example)

Mar

It is cPanel extension but not to run AliDropship WOO. The difference in site performance between PHP versions is minimal, you won't notice it at all. It is not a big deal.

Direct Webstore

BTW AliDropship WOO supports PHP 7.3 since 1.4.3 (CHANGELOG)
It's "supposed" to with the 7.2+plugin. But according to yourself, me and others, it does not work that well at all. That's why I will wait for a dedicated 7.3 plugin to use with PHP 7.3.

I want to run my WordPress on top of Trellis
I really don't see the necessity for that. What's wrong with developing your site on a live server and having it in Maintenance mode? I used to mess around with things like that years ago when we had dial up modems and internet connections were expensive ... but these days it's just pointless and gimicky for developing one or two sites in my opinion. For companies developing heaps of applications, that's another story.

For me. I think I'm much better off just using PHP 7.2 for the time being and devoting my energy and time to other things.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Believing that PHP can be "securely encoded" is the same thing to believe that requiring a serial code for an application automatically makes it secure, it's very easy to decode ionCube encoded PHP files.
Yes. There are services around to decode ioncube, but it isn't cheap. Plus, the bulk of people are not aware of it. It DOES stop their plugins being widespread copied. Simple as that. It's just a fact. The strategy works for them. How many nulled copies of Alidropship plugin have you seen? I haven't seen or been aware of any.

I think that protecting the code is double-edged : it makes customers distrust it.
How on Earth did you come to that conclusion? It doesn't make me distrust them and I've never heard anyone else say that. Did you run a poll or something? LOL ;)

here are many WordPress plugins in the market without code encryption and they still top sellers
No. They don't. See my post above about GPL paid plugin download libraries. Here is one example ... https://gpldl.com. Completly free to join and download. (They make money from donations)

n addition to that (the fact that ionCube loader is not supported by all hosting providers, bugs and performances issues
It's supported by most hosts. Certainly every one I've ever dealt with. And the bugs and performance issues is just exaggerated rubbish.
I think you're just pedantically nitpicking here in order to justify your unnecessary wish to use 7.3 AND Trellis.

Well that's fine ... but you really are wasting your time because 1. They are not going to get rid of the ioncube loading and 2. Because of that you won't be able to use the plugin on Trellis You really should be using your time on more important things like writing some blogs for your site/s But up to you. ;)

Last edited:

Mar

There are many WordPress plugins in the market without code encryption and they still top sellers (look at Elementor for example)
Alidropship plugin is what you need to run a dropshipping site and users don't mind making sure a host provider support ionCube Loader requirement. On the contrary, if Elementor would require ionCube loader, it is highly unlikely users will buy.

mycoffret

I really don't see the necessity for that. What's wrong with developing your site on a live server and having it in Maintenance mode? I used to mess around with things like that years ago when we had dial up modems and internet connections were expensive ... but these days it's just pointless and gimicky in my opinion.

Well ... it will be a long pointless debate and I don't think that when Trellis first released Australia was still on dial up modems, but thanks.

Yes. There are services around to decode ioncube, but it isn't cheap. Plus, the bulk of people are not aware of it. It DOES stop their plugins being widespread copied. Simple as that. It's just a fact. The strategy works for them. How many nulled copies of Alidropship plugin have you seen? I haven't seen or been aware of any.

That's the point, I don't even know if there is a nulled version of AliDropship because I'm sufficiently aware of the risks of using a nulled plugin, what I want to say is that people who want to have it illegally will not be stopped by the encryption and people who respects the hard work behind this plugin and also their server's security would buy it.

If you read my topic again I'm asking if there is someone that was able to run it on PHP 7.3 and I'm certainly not asking for advices about Trellis, Thanks again.

Direct Webstore

I don't think that when Trellis first released Australia was still on dial up modems, but thanks.
Firstly, I said "things like that". WAMP servers etc. Not Trellis itself. You have a habit of conveniantly ignoring and overlooking parts of statements.

You also overlooked this bit.
For companies developing heaps of applications, that's another story.
A lone person using it to develop a single site is gimmicky, nerdy and unnecessary these days. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

what I want to say is that people who want to have it illegally will not be stopped by the encryption
The number of people doing that would be very minimal. The strategy overall works for them. You're nitpicking and exaggerating again.

If you read my topic again I'm asking if there is someone that was able to run it on PHP 7.3
Out of 8 sites ... ONE ran on 7.3 for some reason when I tried it. (All woo) I gave up and just use 7.2. It's totally fine.
My site work with PHP7.3, only that I cannot activate this cPanel extension that resolve the high CPU usage issue.

There's two answers. Then the nitpicking justifications for unnecessarily using Trellis began. That's the nature of forums I'm afraid. You make a comment, and someone responds to it. You just have to tolerate it. Just as you have to tolerate using PHP 7.2 for the time being. You're sort of acting like a kid who can't get the toy he wants and won't accept the fact.

Anyway ... I will drop it and leave the the thread open to anyone else to come along and say they have or have or not had problems with 7.3 as well. Unless of course you respond to one of my posts again ... lol ;)

Last edited:

Mar

You mean there is no difference in performance, right? I agree. That's why I'm sticking with 7.2 for a while.
I mean there is no difference in setting up, just like any other PHP version, and yes you won't notice any difference in performance.

Mar

Thanks, Can you share your phpinfo() when on PHP 7.3 ?
My site is PHP7.2 now. I have trasnsitioned it to PHP7.3 earlier, but for some reason stated in this thread "My site work with PHP7.3, only that I cannot activate this cPanel extension that resolve the high CPU usage issue"

Why are you asking for phpinfo? If you doubt with what I am saying then you continue with your doubt, I don't care a bit. If I lie here, I am lying to myself. If lying to yourself is no big deal for you, it is for me.

Direct Webstore

This thread is really is a waste of time. 7.3 is just too new at the moment and there is really no valid or logical reason to use it ... just yet.

I doubt too many others (if any at all) are going to reply saying they are 100% successfully using 7.3 with all plugins and extensions. Having it work with just AliWoo alone isn't really good enough. For the moment 7.2 is totally fine.

Time to click "Unwatch"

*click*

Last edited: