Answers from Ali Express for South Africa

Hi!

I plan to open a dropship store in Cape Town. I asked Ali Dropship some questions via the request form, and its been a few days, and they havn't come back to me yet. That does concern me. Could anyone tell me if it's wise to let Ali open a custom store for me, even if I'm from here, maybe using different payment options, site address registration, custom costs, and if I just want to distribute locally at first? Thanks a lot!

Yes, thanks, that's something to think about. Distribution IS easier from China to other countries (because of our terrible post office system) so I guess it's worthwileto consider distributing all over the show. x

Direct Webstore

because of our terrible post office system

Your terrible post office system will only affect parcels going to South African customers once they get past your terrible customs system. It will have zero effect on the 300 million American customers you were going to ignore. They will be effected by the terrible American post office system ... lol :)

Your terrible post office system will only affect parcels going to South African customers once they get past your terrible customs system. It will have zero effect on the 300 million American customers you were going to ignore. They will be effected by the terrible American post office system ... lol :)
LOL. I just got advised to sell first to Americans! So I'll do that. Trust their postal services are better!

Last edited:

Franko

Hi!

I plan to open a dropship store in Cape Town. I asked Ali Dropship some questions via the request form, and its been a few days, and they havn't come back to me yet. That does concern me. Could anyone tell me if it's wise to let Ali open a custom store for me, even if I'm from here, maybe using different payment options, site address registration, custom costs, and if I just want to distribute locally at first? Thanks a lot!

Hi I am also from Cape Town busy creating my own store.
Have you managed to set up your store yet ?
I am trying to get in contact with other South Africans to see if it is possible from South Africa.
I am not planning to sell in South Africa but would love to have a successful drop shipping business or businesses.

Hi Franco, great to meet you! No I havn't and am not sure if I should go with AliExpress or even Readymadestores to put up an international store for me, or should I go to a designer in person here. I'm not planning to sell only to South Africans. Maybe to the odd one yes. Most believe dropshipping is not possible in or from South Africa, mostly because of our postal services. But because everything is moving online, I can't see why you can't sell like the rest of them from and to all over the world! I just struggle to put my own site together when it comes to terms conditions, privacy policies etc. Greek to me!

Direct Webstore

I am trying to get in contact with other South Africans to see if it is possible from South Africa.

You could live deep in the middle of the Congo jungle, in Antarctica or on the Moon and run an Aliexpress based dropshipping business. Your location is irrelevant. The sellers are in China and your customers are Worldwide. The only problem is payment gateways that will work with your local bank account. And that's not really a "problem". I suggest you both read the Knowledge base which will answer a lot of questions ...

http://help.alidropship.com/

I'm not planning to sell only to South Africans. Maybe to the odd one yes.
Only the Prawns in District 9 are odd ... lol :)

You could live deep in the middle of the Congo jungle, in Antarctica or on the Moon and run an Aliexpress based dropshipping business. Your location is irrelevant. The sellers are in China and your customers are Worldwide. The only problem is payment gateways that will work with your local bank account. And that's not really a "problem". I suggest you both read the Knowledge base which will answer a lot of questions ...

Can be used with Alidropship

http://help.alidropship.com/payment-gateways/available-payment-gateways

Monthly fees: $0

Transaction fees: Depends on Country

Countries: 5 (Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, United States)

Currencies: 7 (NGN, GHS, KES, ZAR, USD, GBP, EUR)

On-Form payments: no

Legal entity required: no

Thanks a lot Direct Webstore for your help!

Franko

Hi Franco, great to meet you! No I havn't and am not sure if I should go with AliExpress or even Readymadestores to put up an international store for me, or should I go to a designer in person here. I'm not planning to sell only to South Africans. Maybe to the odd one yes. Most believe dropshipping is not possible in or from South Africa, mostly because of our postal services. But because everything is moving online, I can't see why you can't sell like the rest of them from and to all over the world! I just struggle to put my own site together when it comes to terms conditions, privacy policies etc. Greek to me!

Hi there go look at Shopify's Terms and conditions and the privacy policy plus don't forget about the Returns. You can get it for free there.
I just discovered it is a massive amount of work creating your first e-commerce website.

Franko

Thanks