AliShipping add-on ver. 1.3.40 - UPDATE

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Compatibility of what?
Cache issue?
I personally remove the alidropship currency switcher because of conflict between cache plugin!
There where issues with incorrect Shipping Methods prices conversion on the checkout (when AliDropship built-in currency switcher is used), now these issues are solved, prices are converted properly now.

chris37

There where issues with incorrect Shipping Methods prices conversion on the checkout (when AliDropship built-in currency switcher is used), now these issues are solved, prices are converted properly now.
Ok I wish now someone start investigate how you gonna make the woo alidropship currency switcher work well with cache plugin ,also to give you the ability to change and pay in your currency you choose...
They way the alidropship original work. ;)

Mar

This is the least concern. There are many issues with the built-in currency switcher, e.g. not being able to checkout with currency of choice, not working well with cache plugins, geolocation, etc. but with Alishipping add-on? haven't even heard about it. Many users including me are not using the built-in currency switcher anymore. This is what should be improved.

chris37

This is the least concern. There are many issues with the built-in currency switcher, e.g. not being able to checkout with currency of choice, not working well with cache plugins, geolocation, etc. but with Alishipping add-on? haven't even heard about it. Many users including me are not using the built-in currency switcher anymore. This is what should be improved.
I wish they hear us this time, i personal explain the problem of the currency switcher to more then one of alidropship staff member.
I never take a clear answer of those just that

1) "Our currency switcher is not compatible with cache plugin"
2) "The checkout currency is function of the woocommerce plugin not of the alidropship woo plugin"
3)"We dont provide support of third part plugin (cache plugins) "

Is like they know the issue and they choose to ignore it!!!

Good work team :) Keep up to ingore the issue ;)

P.S : I wish they dont delete my post because i criticism them :)

Georgy

i personal explain the problem of the currency switcher to more then one of alidropship staff member
Hello, Chris! Could you please provide that explanation message here in that thread? I will discuss that problem with developers + other issues (checkout currency, full compatibility with cache plugin etc.)

chris37

Hello, Chris! Could you please provide that explanation message here in that thread? I will discuss that problem with developers + other issues (checkout currency, full compatibility with cache plugin etc.)
Is in many thread but below is details message I sent to @Nadezhda with full explanation

" Because is never work with cache plugin ...not add 100% I was able to fix they issue with only one small bug.
I use woo plugin

1)wp super cache : The currency is not even change

2)w3 total cache: many limitations because you can't exlude the currency cookie
3) wp rocker : almost perfect with dynamic cache working (so you can change the currency) but huge bug with variation price...is show the normal currency on page and wrong currency in products that have variation prices.

4) wp faster cache : The only one is working at 99% with the option I set up.
If I exlude the currency cookies like "current_currency=USD" then I am able to change the currency and not proplem on variation price, the only limitation is the currency flag, in the first load of the page after cache cleanup is keep it like this (so the flag is show for example USA but because I am locate to cyprus is show me the product price my geolocation one ( EUR ) Afte I reload the page everything working normal. Currency price and flag...
This is happen to everyone which visit my site for first time.

5)biggest limitation the checkout currency is not follow the currency the customer choose but is always the default store currency.

6)My aelia currency switcher have no one of the limitations above ,but the true is it need some technical knowledge for is working correct.(I change my currency switcher with aelia currency switcher because is work perfect with woo and cache plugin)

7) I am sure your team face this issue again because is not only me have this limitation on the currency switcher of the alidropship woo plugin."

Last edited:

Mar

Just like me and many other users, I am using third party currency switcher. If the team resolve the issues stated above, I would be willing to use the default currency switcher again. The most important is currency should be consistent site wide, not affected by cache plugins, buyers should be able to checkout with the currency of their choice and geolocation, should work just like the third party currency switchers, e. g. Aelia Currency Switcher, Woocommerce Multi Currency Switcher and many other. This issues stated was reported not only once but it is not taken seriously until now.

Polly

Hi can anyone recommend a currency switcher for original plug in pretty please?
We want to accept multi currency. We are using built in currency switcher at present but when you get to checkout you can only pay in default payment currency. I’ve contact support but unfortunately after many emails back and forth they haven’t been allot of help.
And everything I am finding is only for woo.
Thanks
Polly

chris37

Hi can anyone recommend a currency switcher for original plug in pretty please?
We want to accept multi currency. We are using built in currency switcher at present but when you get to checkout you can only pay in default payment currency. I’ve contact support but unfortunately after many emails back and forth they haven’t been allot of help.
And everything I am finding is only for woo.
Thanks
Polly
the original currency switcher work out of the box the way you mention above.

Is something wrong in your setting .

Polly

the original currency switcher work out of the box the way you mention above.

Is something wrong in your setting .
It does up until the secure checkout page, but as we have SCA enabled when the customer goes to pay it redirects to the payment gateway page (stripe or paypal) the price then defaults back to the default currency that you have to nominate in the payment settings of the ali plug-in.

chris37

It does up until the secure checkout page, but as we have SCA enabled when the customer goes to pay it redirects to the payment gateway page (stripe or paypal) the price then defaults back to the default currency that you have to nominate in the payment settings of the ali plug-in.
Now I see what you mean !!

I personal use in page checkout (not redirect) of paypal and I don't have this issue (woo version).
I am not sure if this can be done in the original plugin at the current stage..

I don't believe the average customers is going to mine this as paypal is trusted across the world,

But I understand you , is not look nice in my eyes also.

Polly

not redirecting and staying on checkout page looks like our only option to get the results we want....I.e Letting customers pay in own currency reducing but if we do it this way. Will we still comply to the European SCA law? Do you sell to European customers?