Aliexpress Products Update + Alishipping = Loss

alexja33

After I bought the alishipping, I lost a lot of money because I put the price update in one day + the calculation of the alishipping freight + the price formula for X2 on all products.Many products changed the price to $ 0.01 on aliexpress. Now, I have a negative profit because I pay paypal $ 0.30 of a profit of $ 0.02.
I am very stupid, and to make matters worse, my exchange rate has a difference of 0.47 between the commercial dollar and the dollar charged by AliExpress.
My solution, at the moment, is to put everything in free shipping and stop automatic updates. That way, I know how much I'm going to earn. It complicated my math due to the price change problem and the 0.47 difference in currency exchange
If anyone has a better math than mine and can help me, I am grateful !!!

Note: For every 1 dollar, 0.47 spread is paid in the total amount paid to aliexpress. If it was just in the product, it was easy to use the price formula! The exchange rate is commercial for alishipping and does not include spread and has no formula to ajust.

Direct Webstore

That's not very clear at all. I'm getting a headache trying to understand exactly what you did and what the actual problem is. Which would also explain why no one else has responded. However, I get the feeling that you have uneccessarily overly complicated things.
Do a search for "pricing formula and shipping" and find all the others who have made the same mistake. i.e, overly complicating the formulas uneccessarily. It's a "dropshiping store" with very low overheads (except for advertising), not a "normal online retail store" with it's own stock and doing it's own packaging and shipping. Stop trying to manage it like a normal online retail store. It's not. Best to follow the "KISS Principle". (Google it).

I myself do the same as all the Alidropship team's stores have done right from the very beginning and still do to this day ... simple free shiping on all orders for all customers worldwide. As far as I'm concerned it's a "must" to offset the very long shipping times.

When importing products, filter for free shipping and if, on the odd occasion the free shipping for a product is not free for a customer in a particular country, then you pay the couple of dollars for the shipping and absorb the cost with your overall profits. Simple as that.

However, if you insist on pretending you are running a normal retail store with all it's associated overheads, such as storing the stock, packaging and shipping the stock, paying rent and power bills for the warehouse and paying the wages of employees to pack and ship everything ... then go ahead. But as far as I'm concerned, it's totally unproductive and a waste of time.

So why did they develop a shipping addon, you may ask? Simple. To make money. The same reason they make all the other addons. And there's nothing wrong with that. We all want to make money, right? ;)

Last edited:

alexja33

That's not very clear at all. I'm getting a headache trying to understand exactly what you did and what the actual problem is. Which would also explain why no one else has responded. However, I get the feeling that you have uneccessarily overly complicated things.
Do a search for "pricing formula and shipping" and find all the others who have made the same mistake. i.e, overly complicating the formulas uneccessarily. It's a "dropshiping store" with very low overheads (except for advertising), not a "normal online retail store" with it's own stock and doing it's own packaging and shipping. Stop trying to manage it like a normal online retail store. It's not. Best to follow the "KISS Principle". (Google it).

I myself do the same as all the Alidropship team's stores have done right from the very beginning and still do to this day ... simple free shiping on all orders for all customers worldwide. As far as I'm concerned it's a "must" to offset the very long shipping times.

When importing products, filter for free shipping and if, on the odd occasion the free shipping for a product is not free for a customer in a particular country, then you pay the couple of dollars for the shipping and absorb the cost with your overall profits. Simple as that.

However, if you insist on pretending you are running a normal retail store with all it's associated overheads, such as storing the stock, packaging and shipping the stock, paying rent and power bills for the warehouse and paying the wages of employees to pack and ship everything ... then go ahead. But as far as I'm concerned, it's totally unproductive and a waste of time.

So why did they develop a shipping addon, you may ask? Simple. To make money. The same reason they make all the other addons. And there's nothing wrong with that. We all want to make money, right? ;)
That's not very clear at all. I'm getting a headache trying to understand exactly what you did and what the actual problem is. Which would also explain why no one else has responded.

However, I get the feeling that you have uneccessarily overly complicated things.
Do a search for "pricing formula" and find all the others who have made the same mistake. i.e, overly complicating the formulas uneccessarily. It's a "dropshiping store" with very low overheads (except for advertising), not a "normal online retail store" with it's own stock and doing it's own packaging and shipping. Stop trying to manage it like a normal online retail store. Get your head out of the clouds and follow the "KISS Principle". (Google it)
Thank You! Basic solution is free shipping and problem solved my brother. Thanks dude!

Mar

After I bought the alishipping, I lost a lot of money because I put the price update in one day + the calculation of the alishipping freight + the price formula for X2 on all products.Many products changed the price to $ 0.01 on aliexpress. Now, I have a negative profit because I pay paypal $ 0.30 of a profit of $ 0.02.
I am very stupid, and to make matters worse, my exchange rate has a difference of 0.47 between the commercial dollar and the dollar charged by AliExpress.
My solution, at the moment, is to put everything in free shipping and stop automatic updates. That way, I know how much I'm going to earn. It complicated my math due to the price change problem and the 0.47 difference in currency exchange
If anyone has a better math than mine and can help me, I am grateful !!!

Note: For every 1 dollar, 0.47 spread is paid in the total amount paid to aliexpress. If it was just in the product, it was easy to use the price formula! The exchange rate is commercial for alishipping and does not include spread and has no formula to ajust.
Before I post, send email or any message, I always imagine myself as the person who will see it, that way you will know if your message can be understood. Never imagine yourself as the person who will see your message, of course you understand it, that's yours. Apparently, you are not doing it in this post. You are wasting time making this long post that nobody but you understand.

Direct Webstore

Just set the pricing formula/s to make as much profit as you can, but make sure the average prices are below your competitors. That's the optimum way to do it, I think.

Direct Webstore

You are wasting time making this long post that nobody but you understand.
Right. I did not understand it very clearly. All I saw was an overly complicated and confusing post about shipping and formulas. So I thought, "Scrap all that, let's just offer a simple and effective formula solution instead and hope that solves whatever the problem is". lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

alexja33

Before I post, send email or any message, I always imagine myself as the person who will see it, that way you will know if your message can be understood. Never imagine yourself as the person who will see your message, of course you understand it, that's yours. Apparently, you are not doing it in this post. You are wasting time making this long post that nobody but you understand.
My English is not good. But I will explain it in a few words. aliexpress changed the price of some products to 1 dollar cent and that hurt me because I use formula x2 in all products + shipping alishipping. With free shipping and changing my price formula to the recommended one the problem was solved. If someone didn't understand, I'm sorry!

alexja33

Right. I did not understand it very clearly. All I saw was an overly complicated and confusing post about shipping and formulas. So I thought, "Scrap all that, let's just offer a simple and effective formula solution instead and hope that solves whatever the problem is". lol :)
You helped me! Thank you again! Always free shipping is better and the formula recommended as I see it now.