AliDropShipm/WooCommerce: Order Status/Completion

MondoMelon

Hi all - I have a question regarding how ADS/Woo handles automatic order completions. I tried to Google this question, but all I came up with were notes about virtual products.

Does either ADS/Woo automatically set an order status to "complete" when any event is triggered? If so, can that be configured?

I have my first orders now, and I was hoping to see the order's status change from PROCESSING to COMPLETED at some point, but it never has. For good customer services, I would prefer the order status be changed after the product tracking information shows as "delivered". Having it complete after successful payment process to me feels like the order is only half-way finished.

Would appreciate any insights into what ADS/Woo can help me do.

Thanks.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi all - I have a question regarding how ADS/Woo handles automatic order completions. I tried to Google this question, but all I came up with were notes about virtual products.

Does either ADS/Woo automatically set an order status to "complete" when any event is triggered? If so, can that be configured?

I have my first orders now, and I was hoping to see the order's status change from PROCESSING to COMPLETED at some point, but it never has. For good customer services, I would prefer the order status be changed after the product tracking information shows as "delivered". Having it complete after successful payment process to me feels like the order is only half-way finished.

Would appreciate any insights into what ADS/Woo can help me do.

Thanks.
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

MondoMelon

Hi Victoria - I saw that article earlier. Unfortunately it does not answer my question. There is nothing in that article that says specially how an order moves from "processing" to "completed". I can read between the lines and say there is one line that implies this is a manual process, but 1) I need to know if indeed it is a manual only process, 2) does there exist any automated means to move the status from "processing" to "completed", and if there are automated means, how might I be able to look into that? (Woo configuration settings? plugin?)

I have seen a couple of plugins that automatic move the order process to "completed", but these seem to be meant more for digital goods. As noted above, my hope is to find an automated way that will set the order status to "completed" after the physical goods tracking information shows the package(s) have been delivered. This is what I would consider a good customer service process. I do not think the order is complete simply because I have pocketed their money :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria - I saw that article earlier. Unfortunately it does not answer my question. There is nothing in that article that says specially how an order moves from "processing" to "completed". I can read between the lines and say there is one line that implies this is a manual process, but 1) I need to know if indeed it is a manual only process, 2) does there exist any automated means to move the status from "processing" to "completed", and if there are automated means, how might I be able to look into that? (Woo configuration settings? plugin?)

I have seen a couple of plugins that automatic move the order process to "completed", but these seem to be meant more for digital goods. As noted above, my hope is to find an automated way that will set the order status to "completed" after the physical goods tracking information shows the package(s) have been delivered. This is what I would consider a good customer service process. I do not think the order is complete simply because I have pocketed their money :)

Thanks.
I sent you this article , because AliDropship plugin for Woo doesn't change the status of the order. It is totally WooCommerce settings .

You can use the Wordpress API for this, though this would require development skills to do. If interested you can write a script to ping whichever carriers (i know usps, ups, fedex all have public apis you can signup for easily). When you get a return with delivered then send a rest api request to update the order status to completed of as you see fit. If you plan to use 17track or something, you will need to figure out how to make your calls to those carriers. Try using the github search for the carrier name (https://github.com/search).

https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/#update-an-order