AliDropship WOO ver. 1.2.9 - UPDATE

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Main features:

• 'Order shipped' email template added
you can find it in WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails

WooCommerce settings ‹ clearwoo — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-10-24 10.31.57.png

make sure this email template is enabled by clicking 'Shipped Order':

WooCommerce settings ‹ clearwoo — WordPress - Google Chrome 2018-10-24 10.33.13.png

you can customize Subject, Email heading, Email type like any other WooCommerce email template.
  • Bulk update bug fixed

Attachments

• alidswoo_ion 1.2.9 PHP 7.2.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 41
  • alidswoo_ion 1.2.9 PHP 7.1.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 12
  • alidswoo_ion 1.2.9 PHP 7.0.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

kukiman

Works prefectly :)
Tested both of the new functions "sorting via status" and the new email notifications. Works great, thank you :)

Now if only after collecting all tracking information and sending the tracking email it would change the order status to processed, it would be amazing ;)

Reactions: Gil

Gil

Yes it's working great! :) Thank you!

If you can please create one more template for "Delivered", same as "Shipped", will sync with Aliexpress and send an email to the customer that the product has been delivered.

As kukiman suggested, the next step would be to update the status automatically:
1) After the product was shipped - Change the status to "Shipped", I know it's not a real built-in status of Woocommerce :) But I'm using a custom status plugin which can add more statuses to Woocommerce.
2) After the product was delivered - Change the status to "Completed", here we can use the built-in status of Woocommerce or create a custom status "Delivered".

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

If you can please create one more template for "Delivered", same as "Shipped", will sync with Aliexpress and send an email to the customer that the product has been delivered.

Why would the customer need to receive an email telling them that their package has been delivered to them?

Wouldn't the package they are holding in their hands indicate that already? LOL :)

EDIT ... I need to make this BIGGER ... lol :)
Disclaimer: And if such a redundant email was included, it would only work for tracked packages anyway. Bit of a waste of time and processes in my opinion. And before anyone has a tizzy fit, it IS just my opinion. I realise others may like such an unnecessary email. Unfortunately I need to add this disclaimer as some people cannot tolerate differing opinions and have childish meltdowns ... LOL

Last edited:

kukiman

I will type it once more :p

Changing status to "completed" after syncing all the tracking numbers in a certain order would be a lovely feature :)

Gil

Why would the customer need to receive an email telling them that their package has been delivered to them?

Wouldn't the package they are holding in their hands indicate that already? LOL :)

Disclaimer: And if such a redundant email was included, it would only work for tracked packages anyway. Bit of a waste of time and processes in my opinion. And before anyone has a tizzy fit, it IS just my opinion. I realise others may like such an unnecessary email.

We can edit this email and send something like: "Dear customer, we noticed you received the product and hope you are happy with it, drop us a review and get a 10% discount for your next purchase." :)

Yes you can do that by setting an automated email after a few weeks from purchase but with the way I was suggesting we can make sure the email was sent close to the delivery date and we can then change the order to completed.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

We can edit this email and send something like: "Dear customer, we noticed you received the product and hope you are happy with it, drop us a review and get a 10% discount for your next purchase."

You should be sending follow up emails anyway. I send one 2 weeks later saying that I hope they are happy and I actually DO offer a 10% coupon to encourage them return and buy more stuff! I've written about this on this forum already .... but a "Your order has been delivered" email is just a bit silly. Especially when they have just ripped it open on the kitchen table ... lol :)

Also ... getting a follow up email offering a discount or whatever immediately after the delivery is a bit like "nagging". It's too soon. Give them a couple of weeks to enjoy the product first ... then when they get an email two weeks later with a discount, it's more of a pleasant surprise.

If it gets sent immediately, they think, "God! I just bought this and now they want me to buy more already! They are SO pushy! I will never shop there again!"

You have to keep psychology in mind at all times.

:)

616RnD

You should be sending follow up emails anyway. I send one 2 weeks later saying that I hope they are happy and I actually DO offer a 10% coupon to encourage them return and buy more stuff! I've written about this on this forum already .... but a "Your order has been delivered" email is just a bit silly. Especially when they have just ripped it open on the kitchen table ... lol :)

Also ... getting a follow up email offering a discount or whatever immediately after the delivery is a bit like "nagging". It's too soon. Give them a couple of weeks to enjoy the product first ... then when they get an email two weeks later with a discount, it's more of a pleasant surprise.

If it gets sent immediately, they think, "God! I just bought this and now they want me to buy more already! They are SO pushy! I will never shop there again!"

You have to keep psychology in mind at all times.

:)
Perhaps the letter will be sent with a delay of 2 weeks. Well, or there will be a choice: immediately upon receipt of the goods, in a week or 2 weeks. If that's possible.

Reactions: Gil

Direct Webstore

Perhaps the letter will be sent with a delay of 2 weeks. Well, or there will be a choice: immediately upon receipt of the goods, in a week or 2 weeks. If that's possible.
I'm talking about an "Order Delivered" email being unnecessary and silly. Not "follow up" emails. If it's sent 2 weeks later ... it's no longer an "Order Delivered" email.

If the developers want to include "follow up emails" that get sent automatically at set times ... then great. I already have a custom one that I send manually 2 weeks later. Automatic would be nice.

So ...

1. Forget about the "Order Delivered" email.

2. Make an automatic "Follow up" email with an adjustable sending time instead.

But I have a feeling that may have to be an "Addon", like the Abandoned Cart Addon.

"Alidropship Follow Up Emails" plugin ... FREE! ... I hope ... lol :)

Last edited:

Gil

Yes that would be nice, an option to choose how long after the package was delivered to send the email. :)

Arnaldo

In fact, you pointed out an interesting feature:

Adding the possibility to program a sequence of automated mail like plugins here:

Follow up emails.

https://shopitpress.com/plugins/sip-advanced-email-notifications-for-woocommerce/

https://codecanyon.net/item/follow-up-email-for-woocommerce/9014090

Not to bloat the plugin but adding a way for users to customizer automated custom notification based on conditional logic/events.

Would be a great way to drop refund rate or "where's my package" claims... something saying " your package is on the way to home" after XXX number of days....

From memory, I posted plugins files of these in the Aliwoo beta report so you can "steal" and inspire yourself ;-)

Don't hesitate to ask again.

Arnaldo

yup. But now I debugged it? It was a cache problem.

But I still think this would be a tremendous feature in Alidropship.

Not a complete email marketing suite NO. Just sequences of 2 to 3 automated follow up emails not something crazy.

These plugins are good examples.

Mar

Not a good idea. Let the buyer know the item he bought is delivered when he actually receive it. What if the item is not received yet but received a Delivered email? The buyer will be worried that he will not receive it anymore since it is delivered in the system.

Direct Webstore

What if the item is not received yet but received a Delivered email?
Good point. It happens on rare occasions.

The only way an "Item Delivered" email would be 100% accurate is if it had to be signed for on delivery.

But there is still the point that is totally unnecessary.

The fact that they are holding the item in their hands and excitedly ripping the packaging open on the kitchen table is notification enough that it's been "Delivered" ... LOL :)

Last edited: