AliDropship Woo ver. 1.0 - Beta Testers Needed!

MoonCrescent

Hi Victoria, sorry to bug you. I am confused on installing the beta plugin. If you have a posted procedure it would have helped.
I have php 7.0 with ioncube. I uploaded alidswoo_ion 0.9.3.1 BETA.zip (while the old 0.8.17 was still active) but it failed installation. I thought I will have two parallel installations and I would deactivate the old one before I activate the new beta. But It seems there is a conflict with location and the new beta has to overwrite the old one. What should I do? And if anything goes wrong, is it possible to go back to 0.8.17? Thanks, Hisham

jubran

Hi Victoria, sorry to bug you. I am confused on installing the beta plugin. If you have a posted procedure it would have helped.
I have php 7.0 with ioncube. I uploaded alidswoo_ion 0.9.3.1 BETA.zip (while the old 0.8.17 was still active) but it failed installation. I thought I will have two parallel installations and I would deactivate the old one before I activate the new beta. But It seems there is a conflict with location and the new beta has to overwrite the old one. What should I do? And if anything goes wrong, is it possible to go back to 0.8.17? Thanks, Hisham
You can either rename the old plugin directory or delete the plugin then install the new one. The database will not be deleted so you can upgrade without losing information.

Mar

This question was answered several times in the past. Take time to search the forum using the right keyword.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello everybody , we need at least 5 BETA-testers more to test the first version of AliDropship Woo plugin. Please contact me or Yaros on Skype to join this awesome experience.
yarosnevsky
victoria.kudryashova

I like the initiative that you guys have done a lot of addition to the plugin but I have one concern.
I like the option whether to import all the images or not to the server.
if let suppose some one doesnt want to import all the images to the server (not even featured image and gallery images) then it will create another problem and that is PRODUCT THUMBNAIL IMAGE SIZE.
Because woocommerce doesnt crop external linked images and since all the images on aliexpress server are not the same sizes then the thumbnails of one website product images would be small and big and will look awful.

I just wanna ask the if there is any solution you guys have added to the plugin to crop the images on the fly but not eat most of the server resources.
thanks

Christina

Administrator
I like the initiative that you guys have done a lot of addition to the plugin but I have one concern.
if let suppose some one doesnt want to import all the images to the server (not even featured image and gallery images) then it will create another problem and that is PRODUCT THUMBNAIL IMAGE SIZE.
Because woocommerce doesnt crop external linked images and since all the images on aliexpress server are not the same sizes then the thumbnails of one website product images would be small and big and will look awful.

I just wanna ask the if there is any solution you guys have added to the plugin to crop the images on the fly but not eat most of the server resources.
thanks

Unfortunately, WooCommerce is in charge of product thumbnail image size and we can't change anything in their system.
As for the image importing, you will be able to choose what images will be saved on the server: Featured, Gallery or Variations.

Yaros

Staff member

thanks
Yes, it's true, that's why we are optimising the recommended Woo themes to avoid such issues. As for other themes, I would recommend importing products WITH featured but WITHOUT gallery and variation images.