AliDropship Themes Update

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

DaVinci 2.0 (current version 1.2.4):

- Single product page layout improved (screen resolution 1024)
- Number of nested categories in Main menu increased
- Minor optimizations

Direct Webstore

The last two updates of Davinci2 have broken my child theme. First the I had to re-edit a latest copy of the header.php from the updated mother theme ... with this one it's the front-page.php.

If I have to re-edit fresh updated files from the mother theme and replace the ones in the child theme with every update ... it destroys the whole point of having a child theme.

Also ... some CSS in the child theme's style.css has no effect. Even if I add "!important", and clear all caches. This is only for some of the CSS. However, the CSS that won't work from the child theme, DOES work if I put it in the "Additional CSS" section in Appearance., which again destroys the purpose of having a child theme.

Will Davinci2 ever be child theme friendly? Davinci1 does not have these problems.

EDIT: Even the theme colour changes in Customization>General won't stick.

It seems D2 just hates child themes. :(

Or there's a problem with the functions.php importing the styles from the mother. Can anyone see any problem with it?

Code:
<?php
// Exit if accessed directly
if ( !defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) exit;

// BEGIN ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION
// AUTO GENERATED - Do not modify or remove comment markers above or below:

if ( !function_exists( 'chld_thm_cfg_locale_css' ) ):
    function chld_thm_cfg_locale_css( $uri ){
        if ( empty( $uri ) && is_rtl() && file_exists( get_template_directory() . '/rtl.css' ) )
            $uri = get_template_directory_uri() . '/rtl.css';
        return $uri;
    }
endif;
add_filter( 'locale_stylesheet_uri', 'chld_thm_cfg_locale_css' );

if ( !function_exists( 'child_theme_configurator_css' ) ):
    function child_theme_configurator_css() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'chld_thm_cfg_child', trailingslashit( get_stylesheet_directory_uri() ) . 'style.css', array(  ) );
    }
endif;
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'child_theme_configurator_css', 20 );

// END ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION

Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The last two updates of Davinci2 have broken my child theme. First the I had to re-edit a latest copy of the header.php from the updated mother theme ... with this one it's the front-page.php.

If I have to re-edit fresh updated files from the mother theme and replace the ones in the child theme with every update ... it destroys the whole point of having a child theme.

Also ... some CSS in the child theme's style.css has no effect. Even if I add "!important", and clear all caches. This is only for some of the CSS. However, the CSS that won't work from the child theme, DOES work if I put it in the "Additional CSS" section in Appearance., which again destroys the purpose of having a child theme.

Will Davinci2 ever be child theme friendly? Davinci1 does not have these problems.
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem :( The issue might be caused by the fact that we're still introducing significant changes to the theme code. Our developers will take a look at the code you've sent.

Direct Webstore

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem :( The issue might be caused by the fact that we're still introducing significant changes to the theme code. Our developers will take a look at the code you've sent.

The child theme also does not reflect the colour changes in Customization>General.